Bunch of Error Codes

merkidemis

Reaction score
Feel bad that my first post is a plead for advice and assistance.

I have a 06 SS supercharged, and it has a replaced engine about 5K ago. Recently, I have had a barrage of error codes, accompanied by it being very difficult to start. The error codes are:

Stored:
P0017 - Crankshaft Position Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1 Sensor B)
P0203 - Injector Circuit Malfunction - Cylinder 3
P0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P0341 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

Pending:
P1703 - Fault definition not available or vehicle specific
C0003 - Fault definition not available or vehicle specific

With that many failures, with a fair range of devices failing, I am almost thinking the PCM/ECM is failing. I'll need to review what all they replaced when they did the engine, but I think this doesn't bode well.

Any ideas?

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Feel bad that my first post is a plead for advice and assistance.

I have a 06 SS supercharged, and it has a replaced engine about 5K ago. Recently, I have had a barrage of error codes, accompanied by it being very difficult to start. The error codes are:

Stored:
P0017 - Crankshaft Position Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1 Sensor B)
P0203 - Injector Circuit Malfunction - Cylinder 3
P0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P0341 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

Pending:
P1703 - Fault definition not available or vehicle specific
C0003 - Fault definition not available or vehicle specific

With that many failures, with a fair range of devices failing, I am almost thinking the PCM/ECM is failing. I'll need to review what all they replaced when they did the engine, but I think this doesn't bode well.

Any ideas?

The P0017/P340/P341 is why it is hard to start. Looks like you need a new Cam Position Sensor... or maybe they didn't plug the connection in, but if they didn't do that... it would have always acted this way. I'd go through and check all the wiring connections on the motor... make sure they're all connected. Obviously, the main area to focus on is around the driver's side of the head.

Who replaced the motor for you? Dealership? Local redneck shop? Hennessey Performance? Also, where are you located?

The P0017 is because of the Cam Position Sensor... so disregard it. The P0203 could be from a bad injector. Stock LSJ injectors are pretty common, so it shouldn't be hard to replace. I'd fix the CPS first though... sometimes problems like that can trigger false codes like the Injector one.

Part: Camshaft Position Sensor
Part Number: 12584079
MSRP: $46.60
GMPartsDirect Price: $23.77

To order go to GMPartsDirect.com, then enter that part number into the Search box in the upper left hand corner. Alternatively, you can go to your local Dealership's parts department buy it there. It'll most likely be more expensive that way.

If the injector problem persists, let me know... as I believe I have some stock LSJ injectors lying around.

Last edited:

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a injector code as well and it was a easy fix. before you replace the injector, switch the injector with another and see if the code stays at that cylinder or follows it. if it follows it, its a bad injector, if it stays at that cylinder check your harness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson