Buying online car parts?

Charles210

Reaction score
I recently had some damage happen to my condenser. Not sure how it happened but it I have a crack in it, and my A/C is out. I understand what needs to be done, but these auto shops want to charge up to$550 dollars for labor, vacuuming, and the part. To cut costs, I started looking around and found a part on Ebay for way cheap. I looked into the reviews of the seller both and ebay and on another sight and they have alot of happy customers. I don't want to make a mistake. I can't afford it. I was hoping someone in her could give me some ideas. All input is hoped for and appreciated.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have the capability and knowledge how to recharge the A/C system correctly then buying the part yourself is a great way to save some money. You can always order the part from a dealership if you're worried about it being damaged.

Charles210

Reaction score
If you have the capability and knowledge how to recharge the A/C system correctly then buying the part yourself is a great way to save some money. You can always order the part from a dealership if you're worried about it being damaged.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. I am just tryung to cut some cost. The shops ive been to want to charge $145-165 for the condenser. I found a place on ebay charging $40. I believei can get someone to vacuum and recharge, remove and replace for me, but I can save myself almost $100 buying the part online.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais