Check Engine Light

Parker G36

Reaction score
Hey guy,
I have my 09' Cobalt SS TC. Just a upper IC and Cold air installed. Recently she has been giving me a headache. I ran a couple check engine codes and one of them ran back to the Cam position sensor, (I forget the code #'s) I ended up replacing the Crank position sensor, and Cam angle sensor. I also placed new oil and filter and did the intake and exhaust solenoid on the top of the motor. It went away for a day then came back with P0366. Stating Camshaft position sensor B circuit Range/Performance bank 1. Anyone got anything to help??

On a separate note I have my turbo at random times making different noises. It will boost like normal at times and then randomly will make the sound of spooling but no power. I was going to do a turbo leak test and swap the knock sensor hoping it was something simple. Help here too would be appreciated. Thanks....

Parker G36

Reaction score
"YelloEye, post: 164680, member: 11"]What codes are you seeing? Get them pulled again.[/QUOTE]
Currently just p0366.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, I swear I can read lol

You said you changed the crank position sensor and the cam position sensor. Which cam sensor did you replace? That code is for the exhaust one. I would also check your timing chain set, any noise coming from that area on cat warmup or anything?
uJVSChG.png

Parker G36

Reaction score
The picture posted was changed, and the intake solenoid and exhaust solenoid on top of the valve cover. Is there another cam sensor i missed? I dont hear any unusual sounds from the chain.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are intake and exhaust cam sensors. Both are at the end of the block next to cyl 4. The exhaust one is behind the motor and above the thermostat housing. If I had to guess I'd say it's right next to the lift point for the engine.

Parker G36

Reaction score
The picture was the intake one right? I will have to research the other exhaust cam sensor. Thank you. When looking this up do u have a part # thanks?

Parker G36

Reaction score
I replaced the exhaust cam sensor. But the problem is i think i put the intake cam sensor in the exhaust side. What is the part # for the exhaust one? Cant seem to find it online.

Travis Martinez

Reaction score
Ever find anything out on this? I am also having the same issue on 2010 cobalt. I have also replaced the cam and crank position sensors with no luck. I didn't realize there are two cam sensors. Are they both the same part number possibly? Where is it located?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais