cobalt 2010

frank_g2206

Reaction score
hi , i got a problem with my 2010 chevy cobalt , i suspect the clutch to be the problem but i am not 100% sure , when i am driving on highway and accelerate the rpm goes up about a 1000 rpm then start to go down till it get to is normal rpm vs. speed and get back to normal . that only happen from the 2 to the 5 th gear . after let say 30 miles of drive it get better and finally stop doing it at all .

does anyone had something simmilar or know what it could be .

I already check the clutch fluid .

thanks for your help !

mjb

Reaction score
When you say "clutch fluid", I assume you are talking about the hydraulic fluid for the clutch petal? You also should probably check the transmission fluid level, from under the car. Does sound like your clutch is going though, if the car isn't changing speed when the RPMs increase. I had a car years ago that the clutch went bad on. As long as I pushed the accelerator petal lightly, it was ok, but as soon as you put too much pressure on it, it would slip and the RPMs would increase. Funny story is that when it got so bad that I finally went to have it fixed, there was a large hill on the way. I started out and got as much speed as I could and ended having to downshift into 2nd to finally crest the hill.

frank_g2206

Reaction score
pretty similar to my problem but did you notice your clutch working better after a couple miles of drive ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais