Cobalt SS/G5 compatibility

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by QTurk, Feb 12, 2011.

1. QTurk

QTurk Junior Member

I was originally going to get a G5 GT until I discovered the Turbalt made 260hp so it seems my best course of action would be to get a Cobalt SS and put G5 GT fascias on it. My question is can the stock Cobalt SS front and rear lips be applied to G5 GT front and rear bumper covers with minimal modification?
    Thanks,
    -Quintin

2. The GRAFX Shop

The GRAFX Shop Full Access Member

the lips can. yes.
    only that that wont fit is the back bumper (full bumper cover itself)
    but there is many g5s with the ss lip kit kickin around.

3. kidd1406

kidd1406 Full Access Member

including me lol

4. YelloEye

YelloEye Super Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't mind slapping a G5 rearend on mine, I've seen em before they look nice.

5. QTurk

QTurk Junior Member

Nice that's pretty much what I was going for except with the cobalt ss motor! I love that hood

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Just out of curiosity, how difficult are the 2.0 liters to squeeze horse power out of? I don't need a lot as I'm building a '78 Trans am with a built up LS series motor in it so my Cobalt is just going to be a cool little driver but there's nothing wrong with making it just a little bit quicker if it doesn't require a ridiculous amount of money or time.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Do you mean it won't fit with cobalt ss tail lights in or do I have to change something other than the tail lights and trunk lid?

6. YelloEye

YelloEye Super Moderator Staff Member

The g5 bumper has to be slotted to accept the cobalt lip. The lnf is detuned from the factory so making power is only a tune away.

7. jonny_b

jonny_b Full Access Member

How can you just swap the whole back end?! Tails trunk and bumper?! I know thats what I want!!