Cobalt SS/SC vs Nissan 240SX

rockSTAR_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going down the off ramp today in Mexico and this black 240sx zooms up behind me and rides my tail. Well, there's a lane for coming off the ramp that goes for about 1/8th mile until you get on the actual interstate. I cruise at 45-50 mph until I'm about 30 yards from the interstate. Shift from 3rd to 2nd and punch it. By the top of third I've pulled 1.5 cars on the 240 and that's where it sticks. I let off, and we line up side by side. This time, I give him the hit at around 65-70. Basically we go to about 100 and let out so it was a decent 3rd gear pull. I got a car and a half on him again until we let off.

When we let off, I notice a new silver Mustang GT do a little ricer fly-by the two of us. The 240 chases him, and I hang up the racing hat for the day.

I dunno what mods the 240 had, but I saw a huge intercooler behind it's front bumper and I faintly heard a blow-off valve. It also had an ugly muffler on it and I could see the stainless steel exhaust pipe underneath it from behind. My mods are GM stage 2 w/2.9, magnaflow exhaust, airbox mod, 1 step colder plugs, and lighly ported/polished m62 and TB. The nitrous wasn't used. I also left the a/c on, had 2 passengers, and a trunk FULL of stuff like ice chest, chairs, car cleaning stuff, nitrous bottle lol. I'd guess an extra 350-400 lbs of weight than normal.

rockSTAR_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I never tried to run him down. What comes in the new(er) stangs? 3v's?

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my trunk always has crap in it, i have a optima battery, weight loads more than the stocker, and than i have my 175pc tool set, always keep it on me, and a bung of other little things like zip ties, ss zipties...little just in case stuff, duct tape

rockSTAR_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same for me. although somebody stole my tool set a few months ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie