Cobalt Suspsension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So now that youre in here, let me say, that this is the first thread here....I run this bitch!!!!!!!!!!

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
haha, maven does know just about everything there is to know in here about suspension...i would listen to him hahaha

08ShowbaltLS

Reaction score
so tell me maven...

i have a 2008 black cobalt ls thats bone stock and ill i want to do is make it handle well. Also, i dont want to buy coilovers because they are too expensive.

Since you are a suspension guru, what parts should i get and what brand should i buy that will make my cobalt handle the best. This can also be a good beginning post for the new forum and maybe a sticky since maven is helping us all on this one and clearing any debate from ***.net

Last edited by a moderator:

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
if you want to lower it eibach or B&r or probably the best in quality. Eibach has i beleive to kits, one with a lower drop than the other. but the point of the coilovers is for the drop(being adjustablt) and are stonger than the stock struts, eventually the stock struts will give out and blow. most poeple too save money buy ss/tc struts for cheaper and stronger than the ss/sc and ls/lt/ltz struts

rear/front sway bars- eibach makes one.

no need for the strut tower brace, its really only for asthetic purposes

AAS G5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SS any model springs will drop and LS or base G5 about 1 to 1.5 inches
Eibach prokit will do nothing for an SS, SS/SC, or SS/TC. LS 1 to 1.5 inches
Eibach sportlines is agressive drop but ride is harsh and pogos on ruff roads. (Even with Koni shocks) SS 2" drop LS 3" drop
THere are other brands: B&G, H&R, Progress, SSC, ARK, Sport Tech, and there are more.

I have Progress Springs drop is just slightly less than sportlines by half an inch but ride is superior to sportlines.

For basis purposes I have Progress springs with Koni adjustable shocks and TTR rear sway bar. 17" G5GT wheels with 205-50-17 Cooper Zeon Sport A/S tires

These are my results of trial on the different springs that I have tried or installed for someone else with a cobalt or G5. I have run SS/SC springs, Eibach Pro-kit, Eibach sportlines, and Progress
Your results may vary.
But I personally love my Progress springs with my Koni Shocks and TTR rear sway bar. Good ride and Great handling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie