coilover install ques???

tampa3411

Reaction score
i installed ksport coilovers on the rear of my car today(started late and it got dark so couldnt finish) but was wondering if i am supposed to reinstall the bumpstops and bottom perch on the rear coils???

this may be a stupid ques but the DIY's on coilover install doesnt say specifically to do it or not.

tampa3411

Reaction score
i did. and DONT cut your bumpstops

how low are you going?

yeah i put them on there and did not cut the bump stops, just wasnt sure if i was supposed to.

not sure how low im gonna go. i have 17in rims and would like to drop it on its nuts but theres alot of construction around my house and that wouldnt be good-plus all the issues with the front drive axle...etc.

probly 2-3" drop all the way around

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

i got a LT by the way so that will still give me atleast a good inch of clearance left !!! lol

how low do you have yours? are your pics with the ksports on?

Last edited:

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
my sig is when i had my ksports on but not lowest as i have it now, ill go take a cell phone picture.... im tuckin tire all the way around with 24.25" from the fender to the ground.

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

Last edited:

tampa3411

Reaction score
that looks really nice. maybe some day i'll set it that low.

i just finished with the fronts today and have not measured yet but i will.

how many miles do you have on them?

reason i ask is cuz i bought mine used with about 20,000 miles on them and when i drove it around the block it was really bouncy !!! not like bottoming out or anything, but bouncy !!! cant push it down at all while its parked so not sure why.

do u think adjusting the damper will help/fix that?

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
thats how mine is.. yah just adjust your dampener.

i also bought mine used with about 20k miles on them and that was a year ago man. these things will last a good while. and if something does break, they are rebuildable so you can just order the broken part from ksport.com

tampa3411

Reaction score
i would like to go alittle bit lower but i cannot get one of the lower mounts to loosen. i tried to spray pb blaster down in there and hit it with a hammer, i was being careful at first but then after numerous tries i started hitting it harder so now it has some battle wounds. had the same problem with the other but it came off after the first time i sprayed it. i think it got moisture in there and rust has it froze up.

did u have any issues with this? and if so what did u do? or any suggs?

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
yup some of my nuts wouldnt budge, so i just sprayed some WD-40 where teh nut meets the thread on the coilover, let it set, and it will finally rotate

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are lowering the strut in the sleeve make sure you raise it first about a quarter inch, clean the threads with a wire brush and then lower it. this way you'll never have that problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson