disable automatic A/C feature

prey4villains

Reaction score
Back when I had my Spec-V, someone over at b15sentra.net posted a how-to on how to disable the a/c compressor from turning on whenever you switched the climate controls to defrost. obviously, you don't ALWAYS need the a/c running whenever you put on the defroster so it was a nice little way of saving some gas and whatever other positives come from not running the a/c. Does anyone know if this is possible with the cobalts?

Link to the thread:

How To: Disable Automatic A/C "Feature" without electrical modification - B15sentra.net - Nissan Sentra Forum

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting idea. All the pictures are broken but the idea might still work.

bluebaltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love the idea! i dislike the clutch popping in & out constantly in the winter lol

i s'pose the potential prob is that the ac supposedly needs to cycle every now & then to keep the seals healthy & lubed up. i'd imagine it may loose a little bit of life if it goes six months every year without being used. but i don't know that for fact...

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It shouldn't, my AC doesn't get run a whole lot.

Last edited:

prey4villains

Reaction score
Yea I guess when I get a new headunit (or have some time to screw around with this idea) I'll take a look and see if there's anything resembling the switch that was used in the sentras. I remember exactly what it looked like since I did end up doing this mod and it worked wonderfully.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

picture.php

here's a picture of the switch; it's the small black object on the bottom right. Notice the metal flap or whatever and the orange button underneath; all you needed was a ziptie in between the metal piece and the switch itself and it would prevent the button from being depressed.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah. Yeah we don't have that. I'm pretty sure our stuff all runs through the BCM.

Though there might be a trace on the HVAC board that would do the same thing if you cut it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson