E-brake help needed.

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the correct section, but anyway... I was parked on a hill today and put the car in neutral because it was cold outside and I wanted to leave the car running until I got out. I pulled the e-brake handle up and took my foot off the brake and the car started rolling like the ebrake was holding but not quite enough. I backed up a little bit to get into the parking spot again and pulled up on the ebrake again, eased my foot off the brake and was starting to roll. So I pulled the ebrake up some more and something snapped really loud and the ebrake handle is sticking up at about a 75 degree angle, almost straight up, but it does hold the car in place. there is little to no resistance pulling the handle up now until the last inch or so. Any ideas what I done? Should I schedule a warranty repair? thanks in advance.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Good job lol, u broke it that's forsure, beyond that the cables were probably just a little loose and is common on our cars, I've had mine tightened under warrenty 2 times now but damn man leave it in gear and tires turned into the curb

ionit3

Platinum Member
Reaction score
take off the brake boot inside the car theres a long screw with a nut on it, try tightening it, or loosening it if that doesnt help actually go under and check ur ebrake ull see if its brokje or not

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like the bar that splits your left and right brakes let go one one side....pull off your rear cupholders and make sure there are still 2 cables attached to the Ebrake.

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did you have the car on neutral? You couldve left it in park and still left the car on

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Or is it different with manuals?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why did you have the car on neutral? You couldve left it in park and still left the car on

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

:facepalm: there is no "park" on manuals....there is Neutral.

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you let the clutch out while the car is in gear, then it wants to go. if i slip the clutch pretty bad i can pull out in first without giving it any gas at all. It was cold so i left the car running to keep the heat on.

I'm going to try these things today to see what is wrong.

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
sig worthy!
lulz, i have to agree on that one :lol:

ya, do what yelloeye said, and then do what ionit said. either way it sounds like soemthing is broke pretty good

other thought is you may have put so much pressure on it that you pulled the nut up a bunch of threads on the screw under the ebrake handle...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais