Egt

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was debating getting one, but i decided not too bx of cost factor, but itsa good gauge to have if you want to invest into one...i personally would go with the prosportgauges one, they have nice gauges for killer prices...but as always u could go with your delphi, autometer, or other brands, i believe plx has one too...i personally would do the prosport one...but i like digital :p
http://prosportgauges.com/Digital-exhaust-gas-temperature-gauge-1.aspx

EatonTVS07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a prosport EGT gauge. car came with it when i bought it, but it shouldnt be to bad. you might have to take off the header, not sure though.

M-Dub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran a Autometer UltraLite Pyrometer 0*-1600* with the PROSeries Probe.

Installed in my downpipe PRE CAT, I know my buddy runs his in his #4 primary. He's running the same gauge I was....

Install was pretty easy, just drilling through a cast mainfold was hard... now if you have aluminum it'll be easy stainless will be a PITA!

auggie_ss_phx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn auggie i thought you had all the gauges you needed with all those in your car already lol

i still have one more spot left

i have a prosport EGT gauge. car came with it when i bought it, but it shouldnt be to bad. you might have to take off the header, not sure though.

got any pics

i was debating getting one, but i decided not too bx of cost factor, but itsa good gauge to have if you want to invest into one...i personally would go with the prosportgauges one, they have nice gauges for killer prices...but as always u could go with your delphi, autometer, or other brands, i believe plx has one too...i personally would do the prosport one...but i like digital :p
http://prosportgauges.com/Digital-exhaust-gas-temperature-gauge-1.aspx

i was looking at the prosport ones i just dont know how hard its to install.

I ran a Autometer UltraLite Pyrometer 0*-1600* with the PROSeries Probe.

Installed in my downpipe PRE CAT, I know my buddy runs his in his #4 primary. He's running the same gauge I was....

Install was pretty easy, just drilling through a cast mainfold was hard... now if you have aluminum it'll be easy stainless will be a PITA!

does it matter what location it gets installed? you have any pics?

thanks

M-Dub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you put in just one runner like (Area47 did)... you'll have lower EGT temps as it's just a single cylinder...

I had mine in the collector of the Downpipe pre cat... which while cruising on the highway would read about 1200* (F) or so. Under WOT 1400-1500* (F)... You can really see how different tunes and fueling side of things change the EGT.

I don't have any pics of where I put the probe I have a pic of my pillar at the time..

0924081902-00.jpg

best pic I have sorry

Last edited:

auggie_ss_phx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you put in just one runner like (Area47 did)... you'll have lower EGT temps as it's just a single cylinder...

I had mine in the collector of the Downpipe pre cat... which while cruising on the highway would read about 1200* (F) or so. Under WOT 1400-1500* (F)... You can really see how different tunes and fueling side of things change the EGT.

I don't have any pics of where I put the probe I have a pic of my pillar at the time..

yea thats what i wana see were to put the probe,
so does it matter were it gets place??

M-Dub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said... if you have enough room in your header than I would put it in the #4 runner.

If not, put it in the downpipe before the cat.

You'll just have to realize that the temps will be a bit higher than you would think because it's a collective temperature!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais