Endlink Replacement

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
cant take credit

So like many my front suspension was making noise. I read that sway bar links were a common problem for these cars. To determine if it was the sway bar links that were making noise on my car I removed them and went for a drive. The noise went away so I determined that that was the problem.

For replacements I used aftermarket ones. I bought ones from Moog, I bought them from Oreilly Auto Parts. The Moog ones were half the price of the ones form GM and they have grease zerks.

Tools Used

18mm socky
18mm wrench
Wire brush
Impact
Penetrating Oil
Jack
Jack Stand

Step 1

Jack up car and remove both front wheels

Step 2

Remove the top nut on the sway bar link on both sides of the car. (Letter A in PIC) Now there is no way to hold the bolt from the back side. My bolts were all rusty so I used a wire brush to clean them up, I also sprayed some penetrating oil on them. I used a air impact and tightened a loosened tell I got the nut off. I was also told you could run a die down the bolt to clean the threads up but I did not have one.

Step 3

Remove bottom nut on both the sway bar links. (Letter B in PIC) With the top nut off and the bolt pulled out of both sides the sway bar link with go up and down making it easier to fit the impact on the nut.

Step 4

Install grease zirks on sway bar links. Put them parallel with the bar facing down.

Pic of OLD vs. NEW

Step 5

Install the bottom nut on both of the sway bar links. The moog ones have a place to hold the back side with a 18 mm wrench. Make sure you hold it so it does not just spin.

Step 6

Install the top nut on both of the links.

Pic of new one installed

Step 7

Add grease to all 4 zirks.

Step 8

Put your wheels back on and go for a drive and enjoy your new quiet front suspension.

Note: This is just my opinion on how to do this. I am not responsible if you hurt yourself or damage your vehicle

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok...step 2..in the picture... it mentions the top part of the endlink.... well mine has fell off.... how the **** do you get this bitch back on there?

i would take a picture but my camera broke :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson