engineered products heat exchanger review

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This review is for the "engineered-products" heat exchanger found on ebay, at this momment it is the cheaest h/e on the market that i have seen. Here is a honest review.

Total cost as reviewed: $119.98 shipped

I bought the h/e saturday night, and it arrived wednesday...that is some fast shipping...

some things i see of the bat from this h/e...its VERY light, the box itself weight in just shy of 9lbs including packaging...

1259814459.jpg

1259814481.jpg

1259814481.jpg

1259814541.jpg

1257785108.jpg

pros:

-dual pass core
-extremely cost efficient
-extremely lightweight
-16 dual pass rows for water to flow thru
-comes w/drain valve

cons:
-looks mig welded
-requires custom brackets(which aren't hard to make)

I will update this thread with some pics during and after the install to show what it looks like

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see how it being mig welded is a con...

We don't tig at all in our shop...
well tig welds look alot cleaner IMO, i prefer welds that look like a tip'd over stack of dimes, so its more of a visual con vs a functional con...i mean for this application it doesnt really makes much of a difference

utsadude

Platinum Member
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be a tig weld to look like you described. I can weld with a mig like that. It's all in the welder.

And that is most likely tig welded anyway. Aluminum junk.

Cruisn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks tigged to me... mig aluminum leaves a more smooth bead apperance, unless you are giving the gun the "tig" effect by hitting the trigger and letting off non stop to let it build up like that, I would need better pictures to make my final word.

elecblue06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks tigged to me... mig aluminum leaves a more smooth bead apperance, unless you are giving the gun the "tig" effect by hitting the trigger and letting off non stop to let it build up like that, I would need better pictures to make my final word.

exactly .. not to mention.. 9lbs .. it's aluminum.. last time i checked you cant mig weld aluminum

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who knows, i just dont like the way it was welded, i mean yes they are strong welds, but i like my welds to look good :p

once again my lack of measuring got the better of me :p so i have to go back and move it all to the right another 1.5"...it'll sit offset ti'll sunday when we have the mod day, just got to lazy to go back and redrill 2 more holes...

1259888713.jpg

1259888736.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais