ESC ? what does that mean

Jhop16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went pretty fast around a corner last nite and had a text come up on my tach, said ESC w/ something after it, i just glanced down real quick....

sound familier?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I want to be around when that message flashes up! (at least on the highway).

dunit121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did your real wheels lock up? i know in the turbo's if you come flying around an exit ramp of the highway and you hit a certain amount of g force your real wheels lock up and you can go ff drifing lol

wardzach2007

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Asked and Answered so I know:

Electronic stability control (ESC) is a computerized technology introduced in 1995 that improves the safety of a vehicle's stability by detecting and minimizing skids. When ESC detects loss of steering control, ESC automatically applies the brakes to help "steer" the vehicle where the driver intends to go. Braking is automatically applied to individual wheels, such as the outer front wheel to counter oversteer, or the inner rear wheel to counter understeer. Some ESC systems also reduce engine power until control is regained.[1] Electronic stability control does not improve a vehicle's cornering performance; rather it helps to minimize a loss of control. The NHTSA estimates 5,300-9,600 traffic fatalities could be avoided if all passenger vehicles were equipped with the feature.[2] According to the IIHS one-third of fatal accidents could be prevented by the technology.[3]

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never seen that happend to mine, and mine has flashed some retarded as messaged before hahahaha...ice possible in 90* weather :rofl:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love that Ice message :rofl:

NHTSA forgot to mention that every accident could be avoided if people actually paid attention to their surroundings and drove appropriately.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie