Exterior scratches

Nate101

Reaction score
ok so this is my first car, it's a 2005 chevy cobalt lt (sedan) probably not the best cobalt out there but it's my first ever car and im proud to own it. The previous owner might not have liked it so much. I see plenty of scratches on the car, including but not limited to on the hood, trunk, and closer to the bottom of the doors.

The owner at least didn't leave it look like complete crap, he filled it in with some paint filler im guessing? (i am new to the terminology), I'll try to take pics if i can later), and I was told that if I were to buff it out after waxing the car it might help, of course it didnt do much to help at all.

It really isn't a scratch anymore its just a streak of paint looking thing now, I'm just wondering if theres a cheap fix to this? it would be awesome if there is, if not I can live with it.

Nate101

Reaction score
will paint thinner take off my car coat too then? will i have to apply new paint?

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no dab it on a rag and rub it over the touchup paint. it wont effect the rest of the paint job unless you literally pour it on and let it sit

Nate101

Reaction score
So the only thing I need is the paint thinner is what I'm trying to ask I guess like I won't need additional touch up paint?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso