FAST Cobalt at the races

Chevy_Guy_Jay

Reaction score
Here's a few Videos of a VERY fast Cobalt SS. At the local 1/2 mile race track, they have a once a month segment at the end of the races called "King of the Hill" Its a Head to Head, standing start, 1 lap showdown of street legal cars who want the thrill of racing on the track. There were several entries for the night, basically everyone who enters drives onto the track, makes 1 lap, then continues onto the pit lane. The line up side by side. 2 cars come out of pit lane, and drive to the line where they stop. The Flag man throws on the green lights and they race 1 lap from a standing stop. Winner continues on driving back into the pit lane and lining up again, while the loser exits the track. This goes on untill the last 2 cars are standing. This guy is a regular on the KOTH nights, goes by the name "Venom" I dont know if he is on any of the forums or not....but here's a couple vids from Friday night. It came down to "Venom" and a very well built, very fast Mustang GT F-body.
The Final Round is a best of 3 races.

Jay

VID-20110513-00008.mp4 video by TheyCallMeSliver - Photobucket

VID-20110513-00006.mp4 video by TheyCallMeSliver - Photobucket

VID-20110513-00010.mp4 video by TheyCallMeSliver - Photobucket

Chevy_Guy_Jay

Reaction score
Yep, same guy then.

He races at KOTH all the time. He had a stupid fast Mustang GT with the 4.6L prior to "his wifes" "showroom stock" Cobalt...lol

Jay

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

The guy with the Viper actually WROTE it off last season, was racing a vette which was also built (driver raced superstocks) and spun out in turn 4, and slammed into the front streach wall...I'll see if I can find a vid of it.

Jay

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

[YT]3wr38KgBFRM[/YT]

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
god damn i would gotten out and beat the shit outa that guy in the vette..dumbass

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looked like the dude in the vette was pushing too hard, went offroad coming into that turn and it looked like he tapped the viper. If I was the driver of the viper I'd be beating some ass lol

Chevy_Guy_Jay

Reaction score
That viper was fresh off a rebuild from another amateur race a couple months previous to this race, where he also did a pile of damage to it. He's no amateur to racing. But yes, they figure the guy in the Vette got into him, but there was no paint transfer or marks/scratch's on either car..so, its up in the air.

The kicker of the thing is as soon as you enter the track, you sign a waiver...you are responsible for whatever happens, and insurance will not cover a thing, because you are racing, AND, you signed the waiver.

Jay

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso