first time at the strip sunday

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
taking my AUTO 2.2 with catback and intake to the strip sunday

any tips or things that could help me get the highest trap time?

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the most important tip anyone can give you is have fun, and don't expect miracles your first 10 to 15 runs.

now i'm not a pro with auto's but putting it down to first and taking it through your gears is probably the best way to go, and get your rpms up while your on the line. also don't leave on the green, leave on the 3rd yellow

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
well im not expecting a awesome trap time lol..its a 2.2 were talking about here

but ive been practing launching in L then shifting to I

thanks for hte adviceman

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya i know your not expecting much but don't be too shocked if you don't get your rated times. i know my first couple of times out i was doing 1 - 2 seconds slower then what i should have been for my car. just takes some practice. oh and if you want a little extra help, lower your front tire pressures a bit (these you will have to play around with, to find out whats best for you and your car)

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
not after 2 times.my friend did it to his and it didnt hurt it,He though it was ok to do it.I said that was a no no

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya i used to do that in my old works cavalier, but that thing was beat all to hell, we would red line the poor thing, fish tail around corners. you think of it, chances are we did it to that poor cavalier

06blackbalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brake tourqe it, but not for to long leave in L it will shift to 2nd on its own then throw it in I dont go through the water box

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie