Front Vibration/ Jiggling

fcrawford`

Reaction score
I have been experiencing a vibration but more of a jiggle in my front end when coming to stop. It does not always do it, i haven't figured out the variations that makes it happen, usually decreasing from a higher speed makes it happen more often. The jiggle noise makes it sound as if something is loose. anyone have the same problem or know what would be causing it. btw its a 2006 LS 2.2L

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Brake caliper posts could be loose. Suspension bushings could be toast.

songsj

Reaction score
I have a clunk in the drivers side suspension or steering on my "08. 60K on it. I've read these cars are famous for having control arm bushings go bad as well as other front end parts. I've driven GM cars for 35 years and NEVER had to replace front end parts at 60K. What's worse is my Chevy dealer wanted to charge me 100.00 just to look at it. I am one of the last in my once loyal GM family to still be driving GM. They may have lost me as a customer this time. It's one thing to have a few small warranty issues with a new car that are taken care of, but even the dealer by my house is losing me due to [ what I percieve as ]lousy customer service.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a clunk in the drivers side suspension or steering on my "08. 60K on it. I've read these cars are famous for having control arm bushings go bad as well as other front end parts. I've driven GM cars for 35 years and NEVER had to replace front end parts at 60K. What's worse is my Chevy dealer wanted to charge me 100.00 just to look at it. I am one of the last in my once loyal GM family to still be driving GM. They may have lost me as a customer this time. It's one thing to have a few small warranty issues with a new car that are taken care of, but even the dealer by my house is losing me due to [ what I percieve as ]lousy customer service.
It's called a diagnostic fee, it can vary by dealership. Mine charges $70-90.

Donald Sharpe

Reaction score
I have been experiencing a vibration but more of a jiggle in my front end when coming to stop. It does not always do it, i haven't figured out the variations that makes it happen, usually decreasing from a higher speed makes it happen more often. The jiggle noise makes it sound as if something is loose. anyone have the same problem or know what would be causing it. btw its a 2006 LS 2.2L

Yes, I have exact same problem.

jcaouette207

Reaction score
Since it doesn't seem as though anyone has been very helpful.. I have an 08 that had a front end/steering vibration.. I started off replacing the intermediate steering shaft which took care of the crackling noise when I turned the wheel but my clunk was still there.. Ended up being the shaft on the steering rack itself that the intermediate shaft bolts on to.. I replaced my steering rack with a 60 dollar rack from a scrap yard and my problem was solved.. Just food for thought. You can check this by reaching in through the drivers side wheel well and trying to wiggle the intermediate shaft by hand, if it has any play in it that is most likely going to be your issue.

Robie970

Reaction score
. Robie970 Check lower ball joints

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson