fuel injector cleaner or fuel system cleaner

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey is it worth it to add the fuel injector cleaner or fuel system cleaner every oil change. I have been doing it and rotate between the preston fuel injector cleaner and complete fuel system cleaner. Does anybody else do this.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I ran Lucas injector cleaner one time around 70k mi, noticed a little difference, then my rear o2 died. Pretty sure not related but there ya go.

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran Lucas injector cleaner one time around 70k mi, noticed a little difference, then my rear o2 died. Pretty sure not related but there ya go.

I run Lucas Injector Cleaner just about every couple thousand miles. I wouldn't wait until 70k miles... but that's just me. Very good stuff, highly recommended.

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Lucas Injector Cleaner just about every couple thousand miles. I wouldn't wait until 70k miles... but that's just me. Very good stuff, highly recommended.

Well i did see the large bottle of lucas at walmart for $10 and it says to put 3 0z in for every 10 gallons of gas. I just get the preston fuel injector cleaner that i apply to a whole tank of gas. Im just curious if the difference brands matter. I have been putting the injector cleaner since around 18k miles and i have 35k now and my car.

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i did see the large bottle of lucas at walmart for $10 and it says to put 3 0z in for every 10 gallons of gas.

They have the small bottle of Lucas. I always get mine at Auto Zone. Made to treat 1 tank of gas. Pour it into an empty tank, and then fill up your tank.

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10020_FuelTreatment_5OZ_th.gif

Is this the bottle you saw? Or did you see the giant jug of it?

Find one of these bottles. This is all you need. Like I said before... if they don't have it at Wal-Mart, go to an Advance Auto or an AutoZone.

A powerful blend of oils and additives that contain no SOLVENTS. Designed to increase power and fuel mileage and also lower exhaust emissions through a more complete combustion.

Lucas Fuel Treatment is formulated for both gasoline and diesel engines, carbureted or fuel injected. It gives your fuel system what it really needs - a blend of super slick oils and additives with a high detergent action that allows the engine to operate at maximum efficiency. Also, it cleans and lubricates the carburetor and injectors and causes the fuel to burn more thoroughly for increased power and less fuel consumption. Lucas Fuel Treatment should definitely be used in vehicles that require leaded fuel because it actually replaces the benefits of lead in gasoline without causing harmful emissions. Use it to pass smog tests. Finally, it totally neutralizes the harmful effects of low sulfur diesel fuel.

Directions:
Pour Lucas Fuel Treatment directly into fuel tank.

Recommended dosage is 2-3 ounces of Fuel Treatment per 10 gallons of fuel.

Exceeding the recommended dosage is not harmful to your vehicle.

Key Benefits
* A great tune-up in a bottle
* Cleans and lubricates the fuel system
* Neutralizes low sulfur fuel problems
* Increases power and miles per gallon by burning excess exhaust emissions
* Increases the life of pumps and injectors

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member