Fuel Line or Return Line leaking gas 2008 Chevy Cobalt 2.2L

Timothy

Reaction score
2008 Chevy Cobalt 2.2L- Gas Leak in fuel line or return line-Advice Welcomed
renderTimingPixel.png

Hello!

I need help distinguishing which line is which in the fuel system because I have a gas leak. I know how to fix this issue and I believe I have all the tools, parts and know-how but I'm having 2 issues. Please review the video I've posted, i think around 00:30 is where you get a clear view of the lines and the bracket. I've also included a link to the fuel lines I bought (comes with fuel line, return line and a fuel filter).

1. I'm not sure which line is which. (Feed line, Return line)

2. I'm not sure how to release the bracket that is holding the lines in place.
I have the replacement parts and I even have access to a special manual that I got on ebay. Alas, I don't want to dive in without arming myself with as much knowledge as possible. I am aware of the risk of dealing with gas (as it is quite flammable) but I absolutely refuse to pay a mechanic to do this. I know the risk but I really want to learn how to do this, as I have always fixed every car related issue I've ever come across. I'm familiar with how pipes work (I used to do a lot of work on setting up pipes on trailer homes) so I know that I need to be aware of potential leaks. My main concern is accidentally breaking the bracket or accidentally replacing the wrong line.

Any advice is absolutely welcomed and thank you in advance!
https://www.amazon.com/Fine-Line-Fu...&sr=8-1&keywords=2008+Chevy+Cobalt+fuel+lines

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson