G8 GT vs Nissan GTR

Jackalope

Reaction score
Ok so I KNEW I'd get my A$$ handed to me but I had to see what all the fuss was over this car for myself and in person, so when I saw one yesterday in I decided to follow and try to get him to show me. Well after 6 red lights and all I could do was stay behind him due to traffic I was about to give up when he leaned his head out the window and asked if I'd like to try to keep up, I waived and said "yeah lets see what that thing is made of" he chuckled and said ok. The light went green and he was GONE! I mean like in the blink of an eye kind of gone! I was dumb struck at how fast that thing was off the line, then he grabbed second and the car stopped pulling. Puzzled I let off as I was catching him now thinking he was either toying with me or didn't have any further to proove but then I noticed a drizzle of fluid from under his car as he turned on his hazzard lights and coasted to the shoulder. I hit mine and pulled in behind him and helped him push it off the road the rest of way and saw transmission fluid running out from under the car and I felt horrible :(. he was PISSED! Told me it was the 2nd tranmission he's had in it and that he hates the car. I appologized and he kicked the door and told me its not my fault that Nissan built such a turd and thanked me for the help. I offered him a lift and he declined so with that I turned and walked back to my car and drove off as he broke out his phone.

It wasn't untill the next redlight that I realized that "technicaly" I had just beaten a GTR in my G8 GT. ;) But I'd hate to put any money on a rematch!

Last edited:

sloancallaway

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately the gtr is not all it was made out too be... there has been a few problems that should not be in a 100000 (CDN im not sure of the USD) car... oh well that would you get for buying a nissan and not a zz06 lol or better yet a zr1

utsadude

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Golden.

Sucks for him though.

Glad to see there are still people with some honor out there though (you stopping to see if you could help).

dunit121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Golden.

Sucks for him though.

Glad to see there are still people with some honor out there though (you stopping to see if you could help).

i woulda done the same thing for a gtr but if it was a civic i woulda just drive by giggling

SpringerDesigner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn... SUX 2 B him...

they sound amazing at WOT... as I egged one on the freeway and then he speed off in a raging scream..!

vette9190

Reaction score
Yeah, The GTR has been plagued with tranny issues. They even void the warrenty if you turn off launch control bc it will eat the tranny so easily. Check out a gtr forum lots of guys complaining about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie