getting head

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guy i want to make my head stornger with out going over board i got like 600 buck to work with.. any one got suggestions on wat to do ?

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
your going to want more then that to work on the head.
just bolts, gaskets, ect will run you 200$, shaving it could be as cheap as 50$, but for strengthening that means new valves and springs and retainers which are almost 600$ on their own....
i would say dont pull it off to do anything without having at leas 1k in your pocket...that will get you arp head studs, cometic head gasket, new valves, guides, seals, etc and all your fluids and such will be replaced with it, so i would factor 50+ in for extra stuff like oil, filter, coolant......

other then that you could cam it, if done right you wont ahve to remove the head and there for only have to buy the cams. you can also do stronger valve springs and if done right not have to remove it...but that requires a special tool for compressing them on the engine and a pressure setup to keep pos pressure in the cyl to keep valve in place and then the springs themselves...

it can be pretty expensive working on the head and unless you need to rev out high (not usually worth it) or you are caming it and need stronger anything or what not...youll be fine with stock. most head work in your price range you will only need if you are making the power to use it....in which case do whatever needs to be done no matter price or save up

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hit up SBR...they have a sale for port and polish and fully built head for 750...350 gets it started and then when they finish you send them the rest and they ship it back

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
hit up SBR...they have a sale for port and polish and fully built head for 750...350 gets it started and then when they finish you send them the rest and they ship it back
this is true, but that deal and the guy doing the work will be leaving the shop soon...

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know....which sucks for me...cuz i could not come up with the money in time

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

hopefully his dad can hook it up when i get the cash

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your going to want more then that to work on the head.
just bolts, gaskets, ect will run you 200$, shaving it could be as cheap as 50$, but for strengthening that means new valves and springs and retainers which are almost 600$ on their own....
i would say dont pull it off to do anything without having at leas 1k in your pocket...that will get you arp head studs, cometic head gasket, new valves, guides, seals, etc and all your fluids and such will be replaced with it, so i would factor 50+ in for extra stuff like oil, filter, coolant......

other then that you could cam it, if done right you wont ahve to remove the head and there for only have to buy the cams. you can also do stronger valve springs and if done right not have to remove it...but that requires a special tool for compressing them on the engine and a pressure setup to keep pos pressure in the cyl to keep valve in place and then the springs themselves...

it can be pretty expensive working on the head and unless you need to rev out high (not usually worth it) or you are caming it and need stronger anything or what not...youll be fine with stock. most head work in your price range you will only need if you are making the power to use it....in which case do whatever needs to be done no matter price or save up

well im bujilding my bottom end right now so i have arp bolt and head gasket just thought id do i a lil work to head... im throwing it on boost.. ima start a build thread real quick lol

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
well shit, shoulda said that ;)
buy valves, seals, springs, and retainers and seats and install. call it a day lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson