Girlfriend's Saturn Ion problems

gCobalt05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend has a 2005 Saturn Ion [auto] and shes had trouble with the key getting stuck in the ignition after she parks and turns the car off.
Sometimes you have to wait like 5 minutes for the thing to come out!

Ive read somewhere that maybe the car isnt registering in park?
How do I fix this?

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
havent had that issue with mine, although i know there should be a key release button under the steering column...but i drive a 5spd...dont know if its there for the auto

ps. nice stripes :p

gCobalt05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
havent had that issue with mine, although i know there should be a key release button under the steering column...but i drive a 5spd...dont know if its there for the auto

ps. nice stripes :p

Thanks!
Ok, I'll wait for some more replies.

bryson87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
easy. the shifter is going out of the lock its self it. I know i have replaced alot of shifters on cobalts that are auto cause it gets stuck. it isnt going all the way into park so it wont release it. if you jiggle the shifter while turning the key sometimes it will come out. hope this is helpful

ionit3

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mine does it I jus push my shifter foward and pull it out but a lot of people have to get new ignition housing? Can't member off the top of my head check ionforums.net/phpbb3 its a common prob

asherby85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue in my 03 automatic ion sedan. I usually had to hit the shifter into park in order for my key to come out. Like Kane said, this is a common problem in automatic ions...check ionforums.net..posted all over the place.

06ion2coup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i drive stick and mine got stuck in the locked on position you might be close to breaking a tumbler...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson