Good shocks

fender81

Reaction score
What are some suggestions on some good shocks and struts? I also want to lower my car with possibly some Eibach Sportline springs. Thanks.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
if you have a base model you can get a good deal on the SS models shocks and struts at www.cradeenginedepot.com. they are interchangeable and the eibach springs will fit.

or forget them both and buy coilovers this is the more expensive route

fender81

Reaction score
Thanks, I actually went the coilover route. I bought some BC coilovers. I have read really good reviews about them. Do you know of any issues after lowering the car, besides possible scraping?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
CV joints, if you are going really low a lot of people end up breaking their CV joints, OTTP, TTR, and Powell motorsports make rotated transmission mounts so the axles are in proper alignment again. Oh and bumpsteer, rack spacers will fix that problem.

fender81

Reaction score
Thanks. I don't think I'm gonna go that low. Right now I'm sitting at the BC coilover preset height. It dropped my car about 1.5 inches or so. I would say I have about 1 to 2 inches of clearance above the wheels to the bottom of the wheel well (outside metal part) right now. I don't know if that's what you consider extreme or not. Right now the axles are sitting pretty much straight out so I don't know if that is too much for the CV joints to handle. I don't seem to get bump steer right now.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you sit at that height you should be fine, just keep an eye on your axle angle, the coils will likely settle.

fender81

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I'll keep an eye on it. If I decided to install rotated tranny mounts, how easy are they to install and do they come with instructions? Should I also go ahead and get stronger axles? What sort of an axle angle should I start worrying at?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I'll keep an eye on it. If I decided to install rotated tranny mounts, how easy are they to install and do they come with instructions? Should I also go ahead and get stronger axles? What sort of an axle angle should I start worrying at?

Its more of how far the springs compress, if the axles move to extremities a lot the CV joints wont last as long, the straighter the better.

CFCobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i actually should upgrade my shocks/struts here pretty soon.....good info guys...thanks :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso