Gotta Question About Turbos

08Sedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having my stock 2.2L with just the intake silencer removed, how much horsepower could I safely achieve with just a turbo kit? :think: My goal is 200whp...is that realistic? What sort of psi would I need to push to get that?

And a tune, of course.

Last edited:

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
0 psi is safe on stock internals if you really think about it. i wouldn't even chance turbocharging a 2.2 without throwing 1k into the internals first. that's just me, because mine is my daily driver.

08Sedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 6psi tuned what should I roughly be making at the wheels? This is my dd as well...

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jn2 sced his 2.2 without internals

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

http://www.chevycobaltforum.com/forum/f16/supercharged-2-2-a-855/

have you had any issues running boost on a stock motor

nope, 13psi fine, interview ran 16psi on his fine

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

http://www.chevycobaltforum.com/forum/f16/turbo-2-2-using-other-factory-kits-866/index2.html

08Sedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the replies, I know that I def want to turbo now. Any suggestions on turbo kits and tuners? Trifecta is supposed to be the shiz-nit right? And I'm not looking to use another factory kit...I'd rather order a turbo that was meant for my engine, and has all the necessary parts.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the replies, I know that I def want to turbo now. Any suggestions on turbo kits and tuners? Trifecta is supposed to be the shiz-nit right? And I'm not looking to use another factory kit...I'd rather order a turbo that was meant for my engine, and has all the necessary parts.

no turbo is meant for your engine. they are all universal to a point, the main difference is the exhaust manifold and intake manifold.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie