Gridning Problems

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been having problems with some kind of grinding. Most of you have helped me figure it out but here's some videos to help ya out.

[YT]MpJmwXOs9hU[/YT]

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Put that one back on and set it on the ground to see what might be scratching that spot, I can't think of anything that would be there.

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[YT]paGonGoXGTQ[/YT]

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

[YT]cRitN6WbCx8[/YT]

Jmesl8er

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[YT]paGonGoXGTQ[/YT]

That looks horrible. Looks like a tie rod or something is making contact or your bearings are way Fucked, sounds like there going out in the second vid anyway. Yep, you need to put a different wheel thats not damaged on what ever side it was fucking up on, put weight on it and see what it's hitting. Whatever it was it needs to be fixed asap. What does the inside of the tire look like thats on that side?

Here's a link to pics of when I changed my bearings
http://www.chevycobaltforum.com/forum/f16/new-wheel-bearings-hub-assemblies-4926/

Let us know whats up when you check this please, I'm very interested now

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more video..

The tires look fine but its just the inside of that one wheel thats scratched. I'm not sure if that was like that already but it's only with my heavier/aftermarket wheels back on.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

[YT]GQsRlOj3FMQ[/YT]

Jmesl8er

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the rotor move's like that until you put the wheel back on and tighten it. You check bearing play with the tire mounted. Just by the sound of it I would replace anyway, the new ones will outlast your car. I'm more worried about what was rubbing the inside of the rim. You need to put a wheel on the side that was rubbing, let the jack down, turn wheel lock to lock, feel on the inside of the entire wheel for something hitting. Hate to see a guy go a summer without custom wheels

To check for bearing play put your hands at 9 and 3, feel for any movement. Your not supposed to have any movement at all, or turn the tire as fast as you can then grap the strut, if you feel any vibration in the strut its a bearing

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try it tomorrow. Goin out with the girlfriend tonight so no time tonight. I think i remember those scratches being there but I'll put 2 new wheels on the front and check them then drive down the road and back and check the inside of both rims to see for any scratches..I tried the wheel bearing "check" already last time and no movement, but something could have changed since then. Ill let you all know tomorrow. Thanks for your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie