Happy Saturday!

GMCustomerService

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful Saturday:) We are here to assist until Midnight EST.
Crystal, Jackie-GM Customer Care

bluebaltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol! saturday was quite productive - i cut down a tree & a half, and other random meandering things...

i haz a question: i've noticed on my cobalt that when the fan is not on, it still blows a very small amount of air through the vents. very slow airflow, so i only notice it on the dash setting really...

then later i noticed the same thing on my dad's 01 silverado. is this a chevy thing?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
lol! saturday was quite productive - i cut down a tree & a half, and other random meandering things...

i haz a question: i've noticed on my cobalt that when the fan is not on, it still blows a very small amount of air through the vents. very slow airflow, so i only notice it on the dash setting really...

then later i noticed the same thing on my dad's 01 silverado. is this a chevy thing?
Is this happening while you're driving with the selector on a vent setting with the recirculating button off? If so it's just the air being forced though the ducting by exterior pressure.

bluebaltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this happening while you're driving with the selector on a vent setting with the recirculating button off? If so it's just the air being forced though the ducting by exterior pressure.

imma play with the recirculation button... but, yeah on any vent setting it does that...

and the air temp coming out is according to what setting the temp knob is at lol

but i guess i'm still confused on how external pressure forces air up under the glove box & through the vents... (i have a feeling i'm gonna learn a decent amount more about this car lol)

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
imma play with the recirculation button... but, yeah on any vent setting it does that...

and the air temp coming out is according to what setting the temp knob is at lol

but i guess i'm still confused on how external pressure forces air up under the glove box & through the vents... (i have a feeling i'm gonna learn a decent amount more about this car lol)
The temperature setting just means that it's running through the heating elements.

I don't know where exactly, but the air intake for the HVAC I think is on the front of the vehicle. Either way there is air being forced through the HVAC intake and pushed through the system.

bluebaltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welp, i played with the recirculation button & it quit doing that lol - i'd think that it would shut when the fan is turned off, but i was wrong! lol

i can't wait to tell my dad haha! neihter of us have had a vehicle with a recirculation function in it till recently :D

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
welp, i played with the recirculation button & it quit doing that lol - i'd think that it would shut when the fan is turned off, but i was wrong! lol

i can't wait to tell my dad haha! neihter of us have had a vehicle with a recirculation function in it till recently :D
weird, I always thought that was standard. my 77 Buick and 75 Toyota pickup truck both had that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson