Harrop TVS Info

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i jack this shit to, gotta problem with it fu:challenge:

Since the previous thread has gotten lost in the shuffle and ran into a bunch of useless posts, I am re-hosting this. Try to keep it cleaner this time.

**Please keep in mind the views expressed in this post are the personal experience of myself and basic info to get you started. Use the information at your own risk**

For a starters:

Required Bare Minimum: to get you mobile
60# Injectors
Tune

HIGHLY Recommended: Basically required for any decent numbers. Obviously, the 3" will yield better numbers
Intake
-or-
3" Intake
Header
2.5" or 3" dp
2.5" or 3" exhaust
Any combination of: Dual Pass (+/- Opt B), H/E, Meth

Optional Equipment
Smaller Pulley
Clutch
Solid Motor/Tranny Mounts
-or-
Rotated Tranny Mounts
Return-style Fuel System for smaller than the "stock" 80mm pulley
-or-
larger injectors (72#)
LS4 Throttle Body - if you can get used to the uber touchy throttle
Internals
Head port/polish
Upgraded Valvetrain

Vendors of the TVS/Harrop-lsj1320
OTTPerformance
Intense Racing
ZZP

WickedSS2005's Personal Experience
My initial setup was the bare minimum. My last dyno was 318/288 @ 7,395rpm w/ afr of 11.9 and 17* timing @ 69*F w/ 48% humidity; and was still on the way up. Stock air box mod, pacesetter header, 3" catless dp, 3" custom exhaust, secondary cobra h/e, no meth. IAT2's topped at 133*F after the third pull. My 2.6/60's setup hit 160+ IAT2's after multiple runs and dyno'd in at 258/239.

Questions

The TVS is designed for maximum performance and a direct statement from HARROP itself states: "Porting the HTV1320 can and will decrease performance and void warranty. Through extensive testing it has been designed to be the most effective directly from the manufacturer"

64mm / 2.5" ~ 27.5 psi
70mm / 2.75" ~ 25 psi
75mm / 2.95" ~ 22.5 psi
80mm / 3.15" ~ 20 psi
85mm / 3.35" ~ 17.5 psi
89mm / 3.5" ~15psi

Per Area47, note this is with a higher redline w/ upgrade valvetrain: as a slight correction to the psi reference.
if you spin the motor high enough a 3.1 pulley will make 23psi. a 2.9 will make 25, and a 2.75 will make 26.5. 99% of the tvs owners will not spin their engines to 7900 to see this. i personally have seen 27psi out of the 2.75 ring

Yes, the 2.5" intakes will work with the TVS. It's more of a matter of what Throttle Body you are running and use a coupler to make up the difference from the K&N to an LS4 throttle body.

OTTP has just released a full 3" intake designed for the utmost ease of use. No rubbing, clears the '07 brake lines, full stainless steel. ZZP and RAW also offer a 3" intake. Fujita F5 cai for the ss/sc is a 3" intake as well.

Personally, I tested on the stock air box mod

There's a how-to on here. It varies slightly from a how-to to swapping pullies on the M62. Only diff is you need to make a modification to the MAP sensor and angle it to fit beneath the housing of the TVS and adjust your oil dipstick. Piece of cake.

My final numbers were 318hp/282tq. My mods were as follows: airbox mod, stock tb, 60# injectors, stock endplate and manifold, cobra h/e in-series with stock h/e, 90% distilled water/10% coolant w/ bottle of water wetter in the f/i cooling system, stock head, stock internals, 1.75" primary pacesetter header, custom 3" catless dp, custom 3" exhaust, stock clutch, stock axles, TTR motor/trans mounts. Best 1/4 mile was 13.1@110. 60' was 2.4 seconds.

Good question. From my understanding, a 2.5" pulley is not going to harm the blower. I do not know the rpm limits off hand. Keep in mind, there is a difference in max sustained rpm, and max absolute rpm. I doubt anyone would ever sustain the tvs at 2.5" pulley running 8k engine rpm. you'd be asking for damage. The pulley for the M62 will not bolt up to the TVS

No, a custom tune is needed.

Yes you do. Stock belt is fine for the 80mm pulley but like the M62 will require a larger tensioner pulley or stage 2 belt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie