Hawk HP+ Brake Pad Review(Fronts only)

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Well install day is tomorrow, I managed to burn my front stock pads in 28,000KM(17,000Miles). Had to overnight order the pads because I'm 1mm from metal on metal. Got them today and they look amazing, I cannot wait to install them and get a chance to break them in and test them out once properly seeted. Check back tomorrow for more pictures and first drive review.

Drivers side outside pad/rotor
brakepads003.jpg

Drivers side inside rotor
brakepads.jpg

Passenger side outside pad/rotor
brakepads006.jpg

Passenger inside rotor
brakepads020.jpg

New pads:party33:
brakepads021.jpg

Projekt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wewt...this is my next upgrade..mine squeek horribly

ionit3

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ive been running hawk pads on front and rear. they are sick and wear in great but they are a little dusty haha

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
ive been running hawk pads on front and rear. they are sick and wear in great but they are a little dusty haha

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: that is exactly what i said to myself when i pulled them out of the package only to have my fingers instantly black...........these are gunna be some DIRTY pads to run:whymewhyme: my poor rims

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

wewt...this is my next upgrade..mine squeek horribly

i just wish i could have done the rears at the same time, o wells, next spring I'll grab some up along with rotors. I'm sure i don't have to tell u this but i'll mention it just incase, make sure u keep an eye on the inside of your rotors :( i am very sad my front rotors will end up requiring machining.

Maven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you dont like squeaky then HP+ are NOT the pad for you.....Go with HPS.

ionit3

Platinum Member
Reaction score
squeaky? i run the hps but im friends with people who swear by hp+ and they dont get squeaking...

Maven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HP+ are noisy if you dont keep em warm/use high pedal pressure they dont like daily driving/crusing.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
the pictures below show how bad my front pads were:surrender:

2 are more worn because I trail brake thru alot of right hand turns

brakepads023.jpg

brakepads024.jpg

brakepads025.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

HP+ are noisy if you dont keep em warm/use high pedal pressure they dont like daily driving/crusing.

Sadly I already agree with this, winter is going to probably suck but meh. The noise isn't as bad as the squeeler.........lol it's louder, but less annoying. Overall I'm impressed with the feel and can't wait to really hammer on them to see how well the pads do. Maven how long should I wait till I start testing their limits? A few days? A week? Any particular mileage?

Maven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually do about a half dozen 40mph-5mph mild stops, with a half mile in between, then about a half dozen 40-5 medium hard stops with a 1/2 mile in between, then 3-4 miles of no brakes, then a few 60-5 hard stops with a 1/2 mile in between, then as much no brake driving as you can. I have the perfect road near me for this, and it usually takes me about 15-20 miles and like a half hour to do on my own car. For just a nice safe daily driver procdure all you need is the first two sessions, only takes about 6-8 miles and less than 15 minutes.

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

I do my best to never sit with brakes applied during the first 50 miles of new pads/rotors(

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
I usually do about a half dozen 40mph-5mph mild stops, with a half mile in between, then about a half dozen 40-5 medium hard stops with a 1/2 mile in between, then 3-4 miles of no brakes, then a few 60-5 hard stops with a 1/2 mile in between, then as much no brake driving as you can. I have the perfect road near me for this, and it usually takes me about 15-20 miles and like a half hour to do on my own car. For just a nice safe daily driver procdure all you need is the first two sessions, only takes about 6-8 miles and less than 15 minutes.

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

I do my best to never sit with brakes applied during the first 50 miles of new pads/rotors(

GM computer told the tech doing my job to do 20 times 30mph "stop" with firm brake pressure with "sufficient cooling inbetween" I probably did not give it enough time inbetween braking, 10-30 seconds because of where I was and traffic ect. I was firm on them tonight a few time but never hard, so far they feel good and the rotors look alright but I am keeping my eyes glued to them everytime I'm near my car.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais