Hello from Washington State

JeffInWA

Reaction score
Hi all. Just bought my first Colbalt from a local dealer. It's a red 2006 SS supercharged, and very soon I will be tearing it apart to give me the parts I need to build a DF Goblin. I ordered my Goblin kit yesterday, so I should soon know when I need to start disassembling the Cobalt.

In the meantime I hope to get the Cobalt running as best I can. It's been lowered, and has basically no suspension travel, so around town it's not so fun. On the freeway though it's a blast. The suspension kinda scares me because I have no idea what the previous owner did to lower it, and I need the front suspension parts for my Goblin. I may be asking here if there's anyone up for a straight-up trade - stock Cobalt suspension parts for lowered ones.

Other than that I need to figure out why the boost won't go past 5psi. There are several bad exhaust leaks, which I don't really want to fix as I won't be using any of those parts. The flex pipe has a big hole in the backside. I tried wrapping that with some fiberglass header wrap that I had already and the boost hit 10, but only briefly, so I'm assuming the leaks are somehow the problem.

Also the car has an aftermarket sc pully, but I have know idea how to tell if the injectors have been changed or the ecu reprogrammed for a proper stage 2 tune.

My Cobalt

My DF Goblin will be this style

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all. Just bought my first Colbalt from a local dealer. It's a red 2006 SS supercharged, and very soon I will be tearing it apart to give me the parts I need to build a DF Goblin. I ordered my Goblin kit yesterday, so I should soon know when I need to start disassembling the Cobalt.

In the meantime I hope to get the Cobalt running as best I can. It's been lowered, and has basically no suspension travel, so around town it's not so fun. On the freeway though it's a blast. The suspension kinda scares me because I have no idea what the previous owner did to lower it, and I need the front suspension parts for my Goblin. I may be asking here if there's anyone up for a straight-up trade - stock Cobalt suspension parts for lowered ones.

Other than that I need to figure out why the boost won't go past 5psi. There are several bad exhaust leaks, which I don't really want to fix as I won't be using any of those parts. The flex pipe has a big hole in the backside. I tried wrapping that with some fiberglass header wrap that I had already and the boost hit 10, but only briefly, so I'm assuming the leaks are somehow the problem.

Also the car has an aftermarket sc pully, but I have know idea how to tell if the injectors have been changed or the ecu reprogrammed for a proper stage 2 tune.

My Cobalt

My DF Goblin will be this style

This is a first. Taking a Cobalt and tearing it down to turn it into a Gobin? You need to post up a build thread on this! Would love to see the makings of this!

JeffInWA

Reaction score
...and just so everyone knows, the picture of the Cobalt really makes it look better than it is. The interior is trashed, half the electrical doesn't work (the half I won't need), every body panel is loose or falling off, the paint is peeling on most of the car, and the list goes on. It does run decently other than not having > 5psi boost. I had a 5 hour drive in it from the dealer I bought it at and it was getting near 40mpg on the way home. I don't suspect there could be much wrong mechanically if it's able to get that kind of gas mileage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais