HELP! I have no blower and it's gonna get real cold real quick again...

kovi

Reaction score
I have an 09 LS 2dr. I have replaced the fan motor, the resistor, checked the relay and just replaced the dash panel and it still does not work. I have NO blown fuses anywhere (I tested every single one and for the life of me cannot figure this out. everything else seems to work. the blend door, the ac clutch is kicking in...the whole deal. I have the blower motor hotwired to a cig lighter plug so I can get defrost when I need it but... has anyone had this problem?
kovi

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Odd. Sounds like you have an electrical gremlin. Is the panel kicking out power? Does the blower relay turn on?

kovi

Reaction score
i did a lil more checking... everything else on the panel works. the relay in the side fuse block is brand new (and sounds like it's working) but, i get NO power going TO the blower switch itself. any idea where i can find wiring diagrams? or even service manuals?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can get service manuals from crateenginedepot.com
There are also CDs that you can get for the same thing.

kovi

Reaction score
found the problems!

first of all... there are TWO fuses under the hood for the BCM (body control module) one 30 amp, one 40 amp. Even though it wasn't "blown"... the 30 amp one was bad. this fuse is apparently dedicated to the blower HVAC system because nothing else was affected at all.

second. if the blower switch on the dash is bad, GM will charge you $125 to $150 to replace the whole hvac panel. the blower switch itself is not available. SO! before spending the cash, I carefully bent up the ears on the back of the switch and opened it up. Now.... the contacts are spring loaded BUT!! there was SO much grease inside that switch.... as the contacts wore slightly... the grease held them apart because it had nowhere to ooze out....

AFTER wiping out all the excess grease, losing the little BB that positions the knob, finding the BB again... : ) I put it back together and POOF!!! works perfectly!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais