Help pleeeease :)

~Mike~

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm Ion retarded and don't know much about these cars besides they share the same powerplant as the cobalt and they're awesome lol I've always wanted one but when I bought the cobalt, there weren't any RL's out there. Recently I've found 2 real close to me. In another thread I asked for a the VIN's to be run and I got a response(thnx fluffy!) But I have other questions about the cars.

1. On neither of the build sheets did it say anything about a limited slip diff. Did all RL's come with the recaro's or only the ones with limited slip like in the cobalts? OR...did RL's even come with a limited slip option?

2. Neither of them have the "comp pack" so neither of them have a boost gauge. Is my only option to buy a mechanical gauge and do it myself or can I just find the comp pack gauge and pod from someone and wire it right in?

3. The aftermarket on these cars is minimal at best, so can someone tell me their pro's and cons to having an Ion over keeping my cobalt? That 3rd door or half door or whatever you wanna call it would be very helpful since I have a 1 week old. At the same time tho, both Ion's have twice the miles (50k) that my cobalt has on it.

Thanks for the help if anyone's got any!

bryson87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can tell you this. the min mods is a good thing. means the engine is gonna be little stronger then a moded one, and kinda gives you an idea on the durability. now with the baby the 3rd door will be great. im not sure alot on the seats and gauge but look for a code that is g85(its either 85 or 35 but im going with 85) its the code for lsd. and it should have the option just like the balt to have a lsd cause like you said its the same platform just diff body name and brand. hope something of this helps you out

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
actually i dont have a clue on RL's, they come supercharged from the factory like the lsj?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie