Help save race city!!!

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Well I thought the city had given up but apparently they never did......

http://www.secalgarynews.com/news/c...t-increase-on-race-city-and-related-nonsense/

...I fear that the only way to MAKE OUR POINT is by somewhat unlawful means......If the City doesn't give a rats ass about the law why should we? I don't think the city or it's people understand how many people ACTUALLY use race city. The best possible way to protest is an active protest but it cannot just be pointless signs and people chanting "save race city" infront of city hall. Something like this has to be taken to a whole new level if race city is to survive at all. Daily drive-by's by a large group of racers revving their engines might at least peak some extra media attention, the more people who hear about it the better. The city seems to think they can sweep this one under the rug, well they will succeed if we all sit here doing nothing. The time has come to rise up and work together to ensure the ENTIRE CITY knows how important race city is to all of us. We MUST act now or race city will surely fall. I am open to suggestions but I think a daily or weekly drive-by of City Hall during lunch-hour with revving engines would be a start. We would be pro-actively doing something to try and save race city vs trying to convince ourselves that voting Bronco out is going to save race city......i don't buy it, it's not just Bronco, and who says his replacement(if replaced at all) is going to be any better? The time for action is NOW or we will surely lose race city.

ABHELLRAZOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks so much, sure Race City might not be the greatest track but it keeps people from racing illegally. It's not just Calgary racers who use it, people from neighboring cities and towns use it too.

Cruisn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe not being a group of ricers and reving engines, but blocking traffic infornt of city hall with cars as a group protest might get a little more attention.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
maybe not being a group of ricers and reving engines, but blocking traffic infornt of city hall with cars as a group protest might get a little more attention.

the one other local forum i have posted this on, my racing forum cscc, also agree with you, we have to think this through and look professional while we protest. One idea that came up was to have some race cars on trailers pull up and park on the front steps of city hall. I think there should also be enough support to nearly surround city hall(minus 7th ave, stupid trains!!!) with various secret street supporters so they know it's not just a couple racers, they need to know that young people especially rely on secret street at race city to provide a safe place to duke it out rather than on the street. I don't have a beyond.ca account but if anybody does PLEASE post this info up and help get us as much support as possible. We will absolutely have to impose a NO REVVING OR BURNOUTS RULE if a demonstration like this is going to work and anyone caught doing so will be asked to leave.

ßlåçk§mókè

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the one other local forum i have posted this on, my racing forum cscc, also agree with you, we have to think this through and look professional while we protest. One idea that came up was to have some race cars on trailers pull up and park on the front steps of city hall. I think there should also be enough support to nearly surround city hall(minus 7th ave, stupid trains!!!) with various secret street supporters so they know it's not just a couple racers, they need to know that young people especially rely on secret street at race city to provide a safe place to duke it out rather than on the street. I don't have a beyond.ca account but if anybody does PLEASE post this info up and help get us as much support as possible. We will absolutely have to impose a NO REVVING OR BURNOUTS RULE if a demonstration like this is going to work and anyone caught doing so will be asked to leave.

Just alittle heads up...

Blocking off a street is illegal :)
But sounds like fun

Suggestion.. if you got a few fellow truckers get a few of the cars on a flatdeck/dropdeck and use 54,000lbs to block off the road

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Just alittle heads up...

Blocking off a street is illegal :)
But sounds like fun

Suggestion.. if you got a few fellow truckers get a few of the cars on a flatdeck/dropdeck and use 54,000lbs to block off the road

We were not planning to block off a street at all, just put the race cars on trailers right on the front steps on city hall.

Several ideas are being tossed around on the racing forum, ultimately if anything happens it will be arranged and organized from there. I assure you that SOMETHING will be done, the racing community will not take this laying down.

Last edited:

ABHELLRAZOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have people with all kinds of vehicles street/Race Cars/Bikes/Classics and have them all together infront of city hall and have like a car show and a protest of some sort to go with it.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
have people with all kinds of vehicles street/Race Cars/Bikes/Classics and have them all together infront of city hall and have like a car show and a protest of some sort to go with it.

that's sorta what we are leaning towards, some of the guys on the racing forum are kinda thinking more towards legal ways to really shut the city down on their attempt to close race city on us..........i think the best possible way to do this is to randomize an hour every 1-3 weeks and get a bunch of us to all park all around city hall during lunch hour or even some evenings too, try to poke some more media attention into this.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

another update

http://www.secalgarynews.com/opinio...s-city-lease-offer-to-race-city-indefensible/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson