help with my cobalt.

davidrforbus

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here and I'm having a problem with my cobalt. Its a 2005 4 door. I just installed some aftermarket led projector headlights and now my cluster guage lights are not working and my tail lights airnt working unless I press my brakes. My headlights work but one of the bulbs don't work probably something from the company I got them from. But can anyone help me out? Anyone have a similar problem?

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
disconnect the battery for a half an hour, reconnect it and see if you're having the same problem. if the same problem persists, then try reinstalling the factory headlights and seeing if everything works properly. if those work, but the LED's don't, then you must have bought a cheaply made set of headlights and it's drawing too much power for some reason. did you mess around with the wiring at all?

davidrforbus

Reaction score
disconnect the battery for a half an hour, reconnect it and see if you're having the same problem. if the same problem persists, then try reinstalling the factory headlights and seeing if everything works properly. if those work, but the LED's don't, then you must have bought a cheaply made set of headlights and it's drawing too much power for some reason. did you mess around with the wiring at all?

Alright ill try the batt. And the only wiring I messed with was three negitive wires that were running to the stock headlight. I had to cut the and I. Wired them back together. I bought them from g-forch-usa on e-bay.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you wire them back the exact way you took them off? because at first i was going to suggest a bad ground wire...and that sounds like what it probably is...

davidrforbus

Reaction score
did you wire them back the exact way you took them off? because at first i was going to suggest a bad ground wire...and that sounds like what it probably is...

Well the three wires were running to the exact same place on the stock headlight so I just stripped them back and twisted them together. Figured it'd be the same thing.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but were they touching on the stock headlight? not ALL ground wires are black. so i'm just trying to trouble shoot here

davidrforbus

Reaction score
but were they touching on the stock headlight? not ALL ground wires are black. so i'm just trying to trouble shoot here

Here's a pic of where they were going.
IMG_20110403_160905.jpg

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 wires or two? did you connect the battery yet and see what's up with it?

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think you're going to have to figure out your wiring if the battery doesn't make it work

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie