how to break into a cobalt

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know how? just locked my keys in, i dont have access to the trunk or the inside obviosuly, but i can get the hood open...anything in there that can help? i dont have power locks or windows...

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, wheres your spare key?

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

since you dont have power door lock or windows...the hood aint going to help much

go get a wire hanger and see if you can pull the lock up with it
you will also need a wood wedge to pry the door open a lil bit

Fluffy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o_O ouch.... i've got nothing but if all else fails knock out the left reverse light, if your small like me you can reach the emergency handle on the trunk release... (cheaper then a window)

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o_O ouch.... i've got nothing but if all else fails knock out the left reverse light, if your small like me you can reach the emergency handle on the trunk release... (cheaper then a window)

that what im planning on doing, anyone have time to snap a pic of the inside of the third brake light? i dont remember how it goes in

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

is there anything electric, aka the trunk release you can get to from there?

thee is a fuse label trunk in the fuse, but fuse is pre button, i tried to give the fuse 12v current from the battery stud by the fuse box and it didnt pop the trunk :( so ima try and punch in the third brake light...just need to see if its held on my push tab or by nuts

Robinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
isnt someone at home that can bring you a spare, or just call a loksmith, be better than breaking a taillight especially if you dont even know if you can get in

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't just break that light so easily. Has two bolts at the sides holding it up and an inch and a half of plastic behind it

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
that what im planning on doing, anyone have time to snap a pic of the inside of the third brake light? i dont remember how it goes in

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

thee is a fuse label trunk in the fuse, but fuse is pre button, i tried to give the fuse 12v current from the battery stud by the fuse box and it didnt pop the trunk :( so ima try and punch in the third brake light...just need to see if its held on my push tab or by nuts
its held in by both....it snaps into place at one side and is held in by long nuts that go straight back and get nuts on them...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie