How to Clay bar

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well 1st I would like to say im very pleased with Mothers® brand products really good stuff!
Ok so for clay baring you will need this kit(18.00USD)
DSCF2683.jpg

and a good auto washing soap, like Mothers California Gold Wash, Rubber gloves for handleing the clay, (you don't have to but I did it to keep the oils from our hands off the clay.)Terry clothes,Shammy and all the other normal car washing stuff lol

1st wash your car nice and clean, make sure to do it in the shade and during this entire process!

Once your down dry your car with a soft terry cloth or shammy.

Now were ready to play with clay!

Use the provided detail spray in the area you will be clay baring,
DSCF2698.jpg

its alot like wet sanding spray the area and rub the clay back and forth over the wet surface, make sure where ever you rub clay, you 1st spray the are with the provided spray,
you will actually hear the grim and crude rubbing off, re spray as necessary and repeat over the surfaces, You should actually be able to feel the paint surface become smooth as glass.
DSCF2697.jpg

it took me 6 hours to complete, That's washing, drying, claying, and waxing the ENTIRE car!
I worked a sq foot at a time and started with the hood and worked panel by panel.

Here is a before and after of my spoiler (you really see a difference on black Paint!)
see all that nasty pollen and crap dots before the clay
DSCF2695.jpg

Heres after!
DSCF2692.jpg

DSCF2702.jpg

The kit is also complete with a very nice Carnauba Cleaner wax
DSCF2707.jpg

the wax you use as any other wax, just apply to a soft terry cloth wipe on let it haze and then buff her till she blinds you!
DSCF2679-1.jpg

DSCF2688.jpg

DSCF2689.jpg

DSCF2703.jpg

DSCF2706.jpg

and here is a clip showing its sexy smoothness, the cloth glides like butter on a hot pan!
(i forgot to edit it btw im really tired after all this lol buts its just a boring 22 seconds of me gliding the towel on the hood, its very random, but proves the point lol)

AAS G5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing I would add to this is get good microfiber towels instead of terry cloth and when you clean your towels DO NOT use fabric softner.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson