How to: HID installation

bryson87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BE ADVISED! I DID NOT WRITE THIS:

So you decided to buy the plug and play kit off of ebay huh? Well there are a lot of members on this forum who have them so I'll make this how to for you guys how have yet to buy them.

First off. If your a rebel like myself and want HID lights in the stock headlights the size you will need is 9007. If you have projector headlights I believe those sizes are H1.

Now that that is clear. Here is the how to with ebay kit with 4500K lights and 9007 size.

Heres the box you will receive.

47b8df32b3127cceb3fc3bfcc0b100000026100AbtmLdwzaOWIg

Heres what comes inside the box.

DSC01842.jpg

Now for the installation.

1. Take both of your headlights off of your car.
2. Take both of your headlight brackets off of your car (Pic below)

ry%3D320

3. now that the bracket if off, you will mount the HID bulb controller underneath of those brackets. (picture below)

ry%3D320

4. Now that both sides have the HID bulb controller underneath, you will now mount the relay box (little black box) on the driver side of the car. bolted to the front of your engine bay. ( pic below)

ry%3D320

5. Now that that is hooked you, you will take the positive cable from that and run it to your battery post under the hood. Just unscrew all the way off and then cut a slit in the '0' on the end of the red positive cable to slide it down the battery post all the way down. Now bolt it back on. ( Pic below)

ry%3D320

6. Now that it is hooked up to the postive, you can now take your time and hook up negative. There is a ground spot on the driver side right behind the headlight which is used for the cars ground, I used this one for the HID's as well.

7.Now with the long cable that is insulated with the plastic, you may run that across the front of your car along w/the stock one. (pic below) As you can see there are 2 plastic housing looking things running across the front. Use either electrical tape or zip ties to hold them together. this is so it wont be dangling by the fan in our cars.

ry%3D320

8. with the wire running to the pasanger side of the car, you may ground it to this thing. (pic below)

ry%3D320

10. To install the bulbs in our stock housings. we must first take out the old bulbs obviously, and with the new 9007 HID bulbs. they come apart in half right where the grey rubber is. there is also writting on the HID bulb to lock/unlock. just twist the bulb to unlock it and take it apart

DSC01847.jpg

11. With it taken apart, put the bulb side in, it has the 3 notches like our stock bulbs to line up. Once this is lined up you can put the black piece on behind it to secure it in place, And then following that put the other half of the HID bulb on it to lock it in place.

12. Next step it to make sure your wires are all hooked up to your HID bulbs from relay box. There is 3 connections and one ground for each hid bulb. Once this is all together. dont worry about the extra piece on your passanger side (blue clip) that it is not pluged in. This is just to tell your headlights when to turn off and on. But now that you have the driver side headlight hooked up to the one comiing fromt he relay. this will take care of it for both headlights. (pic below)

47b8df32b3127cceb3fc390a417600000026100AbtmLdwzaOWIg

or you can see it not connected up in the other picture ( pic below)

ry%3D320

Also make sure you plug the connections into the HID bulb controller under the headlight bracket b4 you secure it back in place.

EVERYTHING IS PLUG AND PLAY. So this is just a general installation guide to help you with your process. It doesn't take much if any at all knowledge of cars. Just more or less common sense.

and for the finished picture....

ry%3D320

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais