Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tools needed:
-rachet
-10mm socket
-extension for socket

Parts needed:
-Vulcan turbo manifold
-Throttle body gasket(use exhaust gasket maker)
-shorter bolts for the head(1/2" shorter)*
-shorter bolts for the throttle body**
-wire loom
-electrical tape
-1/2" heater hose ~2ft
-1/2" dual barb adapter
-hose clamps
img_0075.jpg

*if you dont have shorter bolts u can use a but and run the bolt thru the nut, and the nut can take up the extra space
**i recommend you take the manifold to a parts store, and get some studs and nuts for it, run studs thru them, and tighten the TB down with nuts instead of the stock bolts

Here's a pic of what i started with:
img_0074.jpg

Step one:
Remove the the Stock Manifold, there is a how to on this already

Step two:

undo the wire loom on the stock TB wires and the MAF, both join into the same bigger loom, undo that one too, keep undo'ing the loom and electrical tape until you have enough slack to move the harness to the opposite side of the car, there is enough room, took me less than 5 mins to do this, than when your done, re loom it and tape it

Step three:
transfer over all the gasket rings from the old manifold over to the new one
img_0080.jpg

be careful not to tear the damn things, as you can see, i kinda tore one lol

Step four:
Install the new intake manifold, bolt it down

Step five:
-brake booster
extend the brake booster hose, use the dual barb fitting to join the stock hose to the heater hose, once you do that, clamp it, than run it to the 1/2 nipple on the manifold, once you do that, cut off excess slack, and connect to it, clamp it down, and thats done
-MAP sensor
take the MAP out of the stock manifold, take off that orange gasket thing that goes around it, and than connect a line to another nipple on the manifold, and run it into the nipple on the MAP, clamp it down, and MAP is done
map2.jpg

-2 other nipples: those i would recommend to be for a BOV and a BOOST gauge
-EVAP canister: i recommend to not connect it to the manifold, this lets off fumes from the gas tank, just throw a hose on it and route it to face the ground below it(does not apply to LSJ's, just connect it to your TB like normal)

Step six:
connect the Throttle body to the manifold, and tighten it down, make sure to put the gasket in, and tighten that thing down, connect the TB harness and you should look like this
mani1.jpg

Step seven:
Run you intake how ever you want to run it, i use my injen intake on this test set up, but its up to you where you go from here

More finished pics:
mani3.jpg

mani2.jpg

mani4.jpg

Lastly, use how to at ur own discretion

**car is to sensitive, will not run right untuned**

***n/a base models may be able to run a LSJ intake w/this model...and boosted models could too, and connect their cold side charge piping the the intake inlet...

Last edited:

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice! ill be doing this soon :)

i strongly recommend getting double sided studs for the TB and intake ports...and use use nuts to tighten them, also on the TB ones use teflon on the intake side of the studs...this will help prevent any problems with stripped bolts/bolts not being long enough/leaks from the tap going all the way thru the manifold ;)

06_ion2

Banned
Reaction score
i already got the TB on the manifold. with oil pan sealent. i used the bolts the tb came with and it worked fine. i just need fittings for the intake vaccume tubes. do you know what the threading is by any chance?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson