1 socket set
1 mallet or hammer
1 allen wrench set
2 jackstands
1 floor jack
1 factory jack(i'll explain later)
1 coilover set from k sport
newcarstuff080.jpg

i started with the rear since it's the eaasiest part of the job.

first put the car up on jack stands, then remove the rear tires. once thats done remove the strut bolts. i removed both sides at the same time. by doing so i dropped the whole rear swing arm.
me3002.jpg

once you have the old springs and struts off, put the new springs in first putting the adjustment sleave on top. then using your floor jack jack up one side of the swing arm till the struts line up with the bolt holes. make sure the springs and sleaves seat correctly!.

me3003.jpg

next just put the bolts into the struts

me3004.jpg

now go to the other side and do the same.
while i was at it i went ahead and installed my bwoody rear brace, just 2 quick bolts.
me3005.jpg

now with the front you want to start once again by putting the car up on jacks, and removing the tires and rims. next start by removing the two bolts that hold the lower strut to the a arm.

me3006.jpg

you may need a hammer or mallet to remove the bolt, i always leave the nuts on the end so i don't damage the threads(not a prefered method but it works)

me3007.jpg

next remove the nut that attaches to the sway bar, i recommend removing both sides at the same time so the sway bar can hang freely.

me3010.jpg

next remove the 3 top bolt bolding your struts in.

me3008.jpg

and ther you go now you have the old struts and springs out.***notice the blown struts-thank you Eibach***

me3011.jpg

now you wanna do the same to the other side.
next you wanna adjust the coilovers to your ride height preference. make sure you adjust the sway bar link mount as high up as you can. and make sure both coilovers are adjusted exactly the same. next install the coilovers top 3 bolt first.

me3012.jpg

do both sides at the same time. next you wanna bolt up the sway bar links on both sides, make sure they have plenty of clearance from the brake lines.

me3014.jpg

next go ahead and put the lower mount strut bolts back in, it will be easier to do this using your jack to lift up the lower a arm.

me3013.jpg

now adjust the camber to you specified setting.

me3015.jpg

once your done mount the tires and lower the car back onto the tires. you will have to use your factory jack to lift the car a little so you can get your floor jack out.

now drive it for about a week till it all settles, and then take it to a shop that can tune custom lowered suspensions and have them align it, adjust camber and even out the ride height. this should be your end product.

Last edited:

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
lets use it, abuse then kick it to the curb and you post yours...easier to access here than...there

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know much about coilovers so let me ask....can you adjust your ride height yourself or does it need to be taken to a shop???

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ive heard that the ride height can be adjusted in the process of putting them on but im not sure if you can once the are in place and the weight of the car is resting on them

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had always assumed they worked like the shocks on my atv...there is a special tool that twist some nut looking thing and it adjust the soft/stiff of the suspension....

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i dont know much about coilovers so let me ask....can you adjust your ride height yourself or does it need to be taken to a shop???

on the Ksports, they provide you with a little tool that is used to turn hte spring boot at the bottom, but i found it much easier just to use pliers, you have to take the wheel off in order to raise/lower ride height once the strut is allready bolted up, or you can adjust it before you install it, you dont have to take the strut completely off

I had always assumed they worked like the shocks on my atv...there is a special tool that twist some nut looking thing and it adjust the soft/stiff of the suspension....

yes, ksport also provides you with a minature allen head wrench that has a knob on it telling you which wat hardens the strut, and you just stick it in hte top of the strut viewed in this picture, YOU DONT HAVE TO JACK UP THE CAR OR ANYTHING

me3012.jpg

and then the dual allen head sockets allow you to adjust the camber

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais