How To Paint Calipers

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
this one is mine lol

What you need:
Jack stands-x2 (x4 if you want to do all four at the same time)
Jack- note DO NOT DO ANYTHING IF YOU ARE USEING THE JACK TO SUPPORT THE CAR USE STANDS)
Duplicolor Caliper Kit- autozone,pepboys- 20 bucks
Chocks
flate unslanted spot to work
a toothbrush or equivalent
something to remove lug nuts

as pictured:
picture.php

Step 1: Obviously it would be easier to work with if you had not previously been driving it as far as the brakes being hot. So if only doing the front place chocks on the rear wheels and engage the emergency brake.
picture.php

Step 2: Jack the car up high enough to allow the wheels to come off clean. support the car on jack stands.
picture.php

picture.php

Step 3: using the brake caliper cleaner( and following the instructions listed) clean the calipers by applying the cleaner and using the toothbrush or equivalent to remove as much brake dust/ or dust in general as possible
picture.php

while letting one side dry or whatnot go do the other.
Step 4: tape off the parts the instructions tell you to tape off.
Step 5:Apply the paint, you will want to stir the caliper paint with the popsickle stick provided for 60 seconds before use
picture.php

picture.php

Allow it to dry as needed
picture.php

of course reinstall wheels torque the lugs back on to 100ft/lb, remove jack stands one at a time using the jack. ready to go

Last edited:

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good. the asphalt looks like it has some blood splatter, lol. how long will this last (they use a ton of salt on the roads in WV)?

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
oh, well it would last a good while here in texas but with the salt i dont know you may could put a couple coats on it, im not sure what the effects of a small dash or clear coat would do

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been thinking about doing this for a while. I just didnt want to redo them every few months. Im gonna paint the front red and the rear drums black.

arman14

DiegoO
Reaction score
yea i think blue would be the best color for my car
i kinda want to match with the car color paint

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie