How to Re-Mount the center piece of door panels when taken off

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I wrapped my middle pieces of my door panels in leather with my katzskin kit and was having problems with the center piece. I first mounted it back with glue-gun glue but it never held up and the heat was melting it. So this weekend i decided to finish and redo it a better way. So i went to home depot and got some 1/4"-20 x 3/4" flat bolts and 1/4" washers. Also picked up some Loctite 2 part epoxy that will hold up to 120 degrees. I did use my dremel to remove the plastic mounts and to scuff up the plastic on the inside door panel where i was mounting the screws to. I like this method as i can also unscrew the nut to pull off the center piece if i ever wanted to change it up. It is so solid now then it ever was. I just wanted to post this to anyone else who is having problems with mounting it back. This way takes a little more time but i think it pays off. I hope you enjoy.
:)

DSC01800.jpg

DSC01799.jpg

DSC01795.jpg

DSC01794.jpg

DSC01798.jpg

DSC01796.jpg

DSC01802.jpg

DSC01793.jpg

DSC01801.jpg

DSC01803.jpg

DSC01805.jpg

Last edited:

bbrewbaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do to.
I asked someone on CSS that was selling his SS leather panels for pics on the panels he has for sale.
That was last week and haven't head back.

The Black cloth on my drivers side is already showing wear and I olny have 7000 mles on the car.
So in the spring i might do mine also with leather or black vinyl.

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i hope this will help people out when re-wrapping there center piece. This is a good way to do it. I know people say they used small screws but i dont see how without having the screw go thru the other side. This way is safe and if you mess up the bolt you can pull it back off and use the dremel to sand off the two part epoxy and then try it again.

nerdmanpap

Reaction score
awesome post! thanks a ton man! you should post up pics of your katskinz seats too. i'm thinking of ordering from them

what colors etc did you choose?

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
great post thanks

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

and moved to how to section

cobaltcruiser

Reaction score
what did you use to hold the new vinyl just the screws themselves? or did you use the epoxy as well or hot glue? im sorry if i misread the post wrong but did you also wrap the top of the door panel or did you just paint that one? Ty in advance.

Spacey_stacey75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no kidding... I want to paint them bu I'm afraid the paint will chip off and really look like crap, I'm thinking of covering the whole door, gonna take it apart this next week and see what I can do......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson