How To Remove Side door vynil

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I cant take credit for the how-to, if its yours pm me will discuss it there.

Tools you will need (if you want you can use tweezers to help get the vinyl out of the creeks)
Picturec743297.jpg

You should start to pick up the vinyl with the razor blade but be so gentle so u dont scratch your whip (car) then slowly start to pull on it with a slow tough pull. You will have something that looks like this you will notice that the vinyl wraps around inside the door jams.

Picturec743298.jpg

As you keep going you will notice that the vinyl is all the way in the weather stripping this is the hard part because u have to use the end of ur razor to peel it. But do this very gently we dont want scratches. as you keep going it should look like this
Picturec743299.jpg

Keep peeling it off then you will get to the bottom which is tricky to get the vinyl out because its inside the door jam. The best way to do this is make sure u have vinyl that isnt ripped off that you can use to pull on so you dont have to worry about not being able to grab it (using tweezers will help here)
With all the vinyl off then u should spray some goo gone on the paint now and let it set for 45 seconds and then take a paper towel and take all that goo gone and she should look like this.
Picturec743300.jpg

Picturec743301.jpg

Picturec743296.jpg

Hopefully this how to helped you out your fingers will most likely hurt when ur done but i love the way it looks if its not ur cup o tea then kool. we are not responsible for you scratching your car. REMEMBER GO LIGHT WITH THAT RAZOR! :twothumbs

Last edited:

AAS G5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To make it easier to get the vinyl off heat with hair dryer or heat gun( low setting) this will soften the adhesive and make removel easier.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie