How to Remove Steering Wheel trim/Auto Shifter Trim

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this is a old post of mine from g5club.net, still when my trim was yellow lol now its all black:)
How to remove the steering trim, shifter knob(auto) and more for painting!

BTW thanks to CherryGt he informed us that the auto Shifter trim is removable its just pulls off, i used a pocket screwdriver to shim it underneath the plastic and then pop it off :)

CJ n Shagy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good job and the same way on an HHR on the steering column center yoke. the only thing that most do is disconnect the battery so you dont have to worry about blowing the airbag

around the stick is different

great video

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of paint was used to paint the shifter?

Krylon fusion for plastic But this vid is old now its a black, and i wrapped it with vinyl alot faster and looks 100 percent flawless

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TIP: get 2 metal wire coat hangers and use a wire cutters to cut 2 sections about 8inches or whatever is comfortable for you. this is for use in lieu of "pocket screw driver".

also my bezel screws were phillips head screws...

Last edited:

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TIP: get 2 metal wire coat hangers and use a wire cutters to cut 2 sections about 8inches or whatever is comfortable for you. this is for use in lieu of "pocket screw driver".

also my bezel screws were phillips head screws...

a small flathead is better, more surface area to hit the tension rod...Dont change my howto :)

mine were hex, but when you have it open you will know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie