Installed a new stereo, one speaker doesnt work.

Nick Miller

Reaction score
I recently installed an aftermarket pioneer stereo, and everything works fine, except the front left speaker. I wired to the parking brake properly, tapped into the ignition, and matched up all my connections properly except for the front left speaker. Ive tried every possible connection out of the wires that are left, and no sound plays. Any suggestions?

1/4 million

Reaction score
Is it the factory speaker? those are junk mine went out after about 4 years. I would try a new/different speaker. That's the one you hear your blinker and warning chimes.

Nick Miller

Reaction score
Yes, factory. One guess i had is that the speaker was out before changing the stereo and i didnt know it.

Nick Miller

Reaction score
Im going to test all connections, if not i will try replacing it. That’s probably the issue

jordypop

Reaction score
Hey, I don't have help for your issue, but where did you tap into the ignition? That's the only thing keeping me from having a finished install.

Nick Miller

Reaction score
Hey, I don't have help for your issue, but where did you tap into the ignition? That's the only thing keeping me from having a finished install.
You have to get all of the panels off under the steering wheel. Right where the key is, there are a couple wires. Its the brown one. Just tap into that one with 18awg wire running to the head unit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson