Installed Dejon charge pipe

Revenant_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed Injen charge pipe

I recently ordered charge pipes from Turbotech and got the chance to put them on this weekend. I also ordered some bigger fittings and tbolt clamps from another company to install them.

Installation was easy but time consuming. If not for the fact that I had airtools and a hoist because of working in the shop, it would have been more difficult for one person due to having to hold the pipe in place and tighten at the same time.

I did do something I don't recommend to make installation a little easier and that's use a lubricant on the couplers to slide them in place. After fighting with the turbo coupler to slide on for a half hour, I grabbed some synthetic brake lube (safe for rubber) and gave it a very light coating and it went on easily. The only one I didn't coat was the one that went on the intercooler as it slide on easily anyway.

So I finally get this done and test it out. I hit 22psi and I hear a great big pop. So I drive nice and easy to home and pop the hood expecting to see the piping came off up top. Nope, came off the unlubed intercooler. That being the only clamp I was scared to tighten because the intercooler connector is plastic. So I jack up the car in the yard and get out my ratchet and tighten till the point where I'm really uncomfortable going any tighter.

Tested them out several times since and no incidents. LOL. I honestly don't feel a difference between these and stock though. However, I made it 10,000kms on 22psi with stock piping and not having the tsb done for the tab to hold it in place and no issues. I've seen the stock tubing fail for people who aren't tuned so that was good enough reason for me to upgrade.

Last edited:

Cobalt_TC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That same thing happened to me i just kept tightening until I couldn't tighten anymore...as for the feel...its not suppose to give you a different feel. but eventually the stock plastic piping will crack...i don't know why but it happens...also using metal pipes allows all that pressure to stay inside the pipe...

pbass

Reaction score
The shop manual says 44 inch-pounds. That ain't a whole lotta torque.

However, you can get more grab by using longer connector hoses.

MPP has a kit to upgrade 2 connectors and 6 T-clamps for $46.

I found one on eBay with 2 connectors and 4 T-clamps for $12 shipped.

The 2 missing clamps are the small ones.

I haven't yet read of anyone having probs with them.

Nonetheless, here's a place that sells all kinds of intercooler connection stuff.

pbass

Reaction score
The couplers in the eBay kit are holding, but they seem flimsy. So I bought 3" long Vibrant couplers instead.

Had probs putting the 2" T-clamps on (not enough slack) so I ordered 2 1/4" T-clamps to see if they'll work.

Had to tighten down on the couplers hard after the one that joins the 2 pieces together blew off. No probs now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie