installed header and dp on 2.4 auto....PICS!!

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just finished installing a gmpp extrude honed manifold and CA high flow dp. luckly everything fit like stock. its weird tho cuz i had both stock mani and dp next to the aftermarket mani, dp and the gmpp and ca looked shorter together than the stock.

the install was easy, i know the nut in the middle bottom of the manifold is supposed to be a PITA but i had no problems removing them from the top. didnt have to go under the car for anything. Just to unscrew the dp from the resonator.

so all in all the results are very good. this setup give my megan that deep tone i wanted. before it was a little raspy at 2000 rpm's.

so if theres any 2.4 auto's out there looking for a sweet setup THAT FITS. this is it.

since i was installing both, i decided to not separate the mani from the dp. they both came out from the top of the engine easily. I disconnected both o2 sensors but didnt remove them. took em off after pulling everything out. made it easier. i used one of those wrenches plumbers use to remove the bolts from the faucets. worked well

a8b9a967.jpg

9e622511.jpg

ill try to get a sound clip tomorrow to hear the difference. thanks for looking

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
its close enough that it probly just pulled it a bit on the flexibility of the hangers to make it up

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will Dave

as far as gains, it does feel like the car responds a little better. Accelaration is smoother and a bit quicker. But what I like the most is the sound. Great improvement

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much for ur stock dp. :) wanna donate it to me :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson