intercooler pump stopped working?

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is about 20-30 degree's out but after driving for an hour and when the car is warmed up and i pop the hood while it's running and check the fill cap there is no fluid going through the system. i had the car on and opened up the fill cap and nothing came up so i put some more 50/50 mix into the system but nothing was moving it just sat there.

you think the intercooler pump stopped working or what?

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely, its dead.

eBay, "Lightning Intercooler Pump", Ford Racing Pump = Bosch = GM Performance Pump

They are all 3 the same thing, their boxes just have different stickers on them.

They call me godly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a bosch replacement and had it installed 3 days before I wrecked :S That was a waste of 104$ haha You can still drive the car without it working though as long as your not driving hard, just keep it at the speed limits and shit at low RPMs and you'll be fine until you can get a new pump. I drove for 10k miles before I even realized mine was out :S haha

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely, its dead.

eBay, "Lightning Intercooler Pump", Ford Racing Pump = Bosch = GM Performance Pump

They are all 3 the same thing, their boxes just have different stickers on them.

thanks dude. i was looking at this one i just searched and it was the first one that came up in google. http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=324

but i guess this is the same thing and cheaper, right??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

I bought a bosch replacement and had it installed 3 days before I wrecked :S That was a waste of 104$ haha You can still drive the car without it working though as long as your not driving hard, just keep it at the speed limits and shit at low RPMs and you'll be fine until you can get a new pump. I drove for 10k miles before I even realized mine was out :S haha

i have a feeling it hasn't been working for a while and i know i've WOT it and i don't think i've had any problems but now that i know it isn't working i am for sure making sure i don't go into boost or hit it hard

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks dude. i was looking at this one i just searched and it was the first one that came up in google. http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=324

but i guess this is the same thing and cheaper, right??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I'm not sure if the first linked one is different or not. They talk about it as if it is a different model.

But I know for sure that our stock one (GM Performance) and the Lightning/Cobra stock one (Ford Racing) are the exact same Bosch Model Pump.

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the first linked one is different or not. They talk about it as if it is a different model.

But I know for sure that our stock one (GM Performance) and the Lightning/Cobra stock one (Ford Racing) are the exact same Bosch Model Pump.

alright im going to double check make sure if it isn't flowing which i am pretty sure it isn't i am going to look on ebay again and post up the link and if u can double check just so i don't get the wrong one that would be cool.

thx so much for you help btw. also did yours go and how many miles do you have on your car? are you built motor or whats done? i know i saw vid's before u were boosted and i think vids somewhere after but i forget

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright im going to double check make sure if it isn't flowing which i am pretty sure it isn't i am going to look on ebay again and post up the link and if u can double check just so i don't get the wrong one that would be cool.

thx so much for you help btw. also did yours go and how many miles do you have on your car? are you built motor or whats done? i know i saw vid's before u were boosted and i think vids somewhere after but i forget

Yeah, I can do that.

Mine went out right around 50k miles, IIRC. I had it replaced under warranty... but it took me a lot of convincing for them to change it because the dealer has no real way of checking it. My car is at 67k now. Stock Motor.

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can do that.

Mine went out right around 50k miles, IIRC. I had it replaced under warranty... but it took me a lot of convincing for them to change it because the dealer has no real way of checking it. My car is at 67k now. Stock Motor.

damn, nice. yeah i was thinking about going to the dealership or maybe i will call them up and see if they would be nice enough to change it. they said they would warranty most thing but like my motor they said they can't warranty because of the n2o lines. i am at like 42k miles or over that now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson