Into the fray :)

khaliko

Reaction score
Hi there :) New to the forum as well as cobalts (probably cars altogether..) so I'm going to need a lot of help :( I just got possession of my 2009 Cobalt LT (15k km) just under two weeks ago. Technically my first "new" car, I drove a plymouth voyager mini-van (read: party vehicle) for the first year but I managed to successfully kill it.

First off, this is my car:
smurfette.jpg

2c19cd460a0a0065012f529bf9640ec5.jpg

2c1a05240a0a0065012f529b8775be30.jpg

2c19d1610a0a0065012f529bd0d054f1.jpg

2c19dac20a0a0065012f529bad82db54.jpg

2c19dfe90a0a0065012f529b4d982168.jpg

2c19e53c0a0a0065012f529bc70d3b2a.jpg

The sticker has since come off. Errrr, plans? I need to get an M3 clear bra for the front because I do a lot of highway driving and it's already being abused by the road.

Then, I'm doing lightning eyes and a grill glow. As in, like the second I get my mastercard in the mail, which should be within the next week.

I'm also planning on debadging the thing. Still contemplating replacing the emblems with these, but it would just be "cobalt".

Going to cover the 3rd brake light, most likely just a solid color though, no lettering.

I'm also going to plasti-dip the chrome on the car, I think. I'm not exactly a fan of the chrome because I don't think it goes with anything :/ I want to throw either white or black rims on, and chrome would look funny.

For rims I was thinking
drad33.w.large.jpg
these fellas right here. They also come in black. My friend has those rims on her Pontiac G6. Same blue as my car and it looks nice. I don't understand how tires/rims work, though. I have Hankooks on it right now but the rims shown above are 17" and I think my tires are 15", which means they wouldn't work, right? Blaaaah.

If this car lasts longer than a year I will probably throw a body kit on it if it doesn't look stupid on a sedan... if body kits come for sedans. LOL. Yes, I am female and completely car illiterate. Someone help me. :C

camopaint0707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. As for a body kit. I'd recommend an RK sport lip kit or just and SS kit.

CFCobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum...

lose the chrome entirely....dont even bother plasti-dipping it.....

but good luck in whatever you choose to do

khaliko

Reaction score
Thanks :) If I happen to take off all the chrome (which would be impossible without replacing the grill, I think?) then I have no door stoppers and I'll probably end up with a messed up car. I test drove and almost went home with an SS but it didn't have the door stoppers so the driver's side door was completely banged up.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
dont worry about the side molding, most of the time if you get hit its from a truck in which case the door of the trucks will hit higher than the moldings so they are not doing there job

khaliko

Reaction score
I've seen cars with no door stoppers. They get dinged up pretty badly (I would know, I probably open my doors on other peoples car accidentally all the time) and that isn't something I'm willing to risk.

darklink991

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to sound mean but you will mostly get hit by trucks like right above your gas tank...yeah wife drove car home and at work it got hit....as for body kits look at the chevy cobalt sport sedan *SS* I like that kit the most....by chance how much is it for anyone who got it and how?

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
your gonna get raped if you buy it from a dealer. check ebay and online sources first before going the stealership route

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais