key stuck in ignition :(

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok so today my key wont turn past ACC mode and wont let me take it out either. and during hte process my dad didnt kno that you have to press the brake to get it out of park. so what does he do? he yanks the shit out of my shifter and now you dont have to have the brake applied to shift to drive or what ever.

anyone ever had these problems before?

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
underneath the steering wheel there is a hole, stick a finger in there and feel for a coil push or pull it up or down i cant remember its the manual release

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
and yes ive had that problem, didnt even have to touch the shitter stuff

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

oh,.. so it wont go to off position, i dont know, mine was able to go to the off position but try it next time and see

Fluffy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres not much you can do but shake the shifter, while trying to turn the key :/ seen it a lot. theres a switch in the shifter that he probably knocked loose. you can also take the top of the console out and press the switch. that will release the key so you can turn it to off. you need a new shifter too. theres a recall for it

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
theres not much you can do but shake the shifter, while trying to turn the key :/ seen it a lot. theres a switch in the shifter that he probably knocked loose. you can also take the top of the console out and press the switch. that will release the key so you can turn it to off. you need a new shifter too. theres a recall for it

for the 07's?

bryson87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the shifter is messed up. its not going to let the key come out untill it sees its in park. jiggle it might come out. but with him doing that to it... probly not. so take it to the stealership and get it fixed... im not a tec or anything you know....

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just go under the steering wheel. also, check to see if you can press the button on ur shifter if ur automatic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais