LED's behind guages?

Black_Dub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering, after seeing a few cars with this done, how do you actually go about placing LEDs behind your guage faces to have a brighter illumination? i actually like the stock guages but they arent very appealing at night...lol... any ideas?

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
you would start by getting a replacement set, only company i know of that does them is black cat customs
they make gauge faces too.
they actually send you picture step by step instructions when you buy them, but it involves taking your gauges out (removing dash trim pieces to get to them) disassembling the gauges themselves, unsoldering the existing leds and putting the new ones on (MUST know how to solder to do this).
after that you reassemble, calibrate the needles on the gauges and put the dash back together :)

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
recalibrating my needles took me like an hour.I marked where they were before I pulled them off and put em back in the exact location and they were still off.finally after a hour I got it lol.was a pita

Black_Dub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah im familiar with soldering and panel removal, just dunno about that damn needle calibration lol.... Im def gonna look into the black cat biz, i def appreciate the insight guys....

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah im familiar with soldering and panel removal, just dunno about that damn needle calibration lol.... Im def gonna look into the black cat biz, i def appreciate the insight guys....
thats not too bad, ive done it 4-5 times haha

LoneWolf

Reaction score
I bought my ss gauge from ebay and it came with the Black Cat Face
lonewolf-albums-new-upgrades-picture4433-new-cluster.jpg

IMO it doesn't match my car very well i would much rather have the stock faces on it.

JubjubW

Reaction score
if I may... this guy is very knowledgeable, BBEngineering, would have gotten an LED upgrade from him on my Impala had it been worth it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie